[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Invalid - FA Bid: Eagles Defense

JP2006

My interpretation of that rule is a team owner can only be penalized by cancelling a free agent bid during the valid free agency period. 

This wasn't a valid bid because it was before the free agency period started. (Yes, I should have known that. Not sure what I was thinking.)

Had Shane not pointed out my bid was not valid, I wouldn't have said I wanted to retract it. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, Stanley Morgan said:

Isn’t this a penalty?

11.3.2: Any canceled bids on free agents will result in an immediate penalty of the credits bid on said player.  For bids on players 5 credits or less, a 5 credit penalty shall be imposed. (added mid-season 2018)

It isn't a penalty - as it is not a cancelled bid.  It is not a valid bid in the first place, so JP can't even retract it.

• fuz changed the title to Invalid - FA Bid: Eagles Defense
On 4/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, JP2006 said:

My bad. When I read that, you made it sound like Monday, May 1st was the deadline to pick up free agents. 
I retract my invalid bid. 

I apologize for my wording in my email - after re-reading the email, I did make it sound like a deadline, not a starting date.

• Gizmo locked this topic