[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slow Forum Speed

Gak Attack

I have always had problems trying to post in the forums - the typing goes so bloody slow. I can type five lines of text, then I have to wait 30 seconds for the text to appear...meanwhile I have the entertainment of watching Iwtch the cursor move one key-stroke at a time across the screen.

I don't have a bad connection or a "bog-down" at other sites, nor in other pages of The Huddle...only when using these Forum fields to post & reply to messages. I do notice I don't have a problem when I am using a T1 connection...but you certainly shouldn't expect users to need a T1 connection to use your site efficently (should you?).

Noticed it takes a long time to load all the Graemlins. I think those little dudes are the cause of the "bog-down" I see on the Forum pages.

Can I adjust a setting to disable them or adjust an option on my computer make my computer run them better? Thanks - look forward to learning of a magic cure.

[system: 1.7 GHz processor, 256 M RAM, 32 M Video card, 56K connection - loads most other pages fine]