[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best offense ...

Grits and Shins

Well I did something today I don't normally do. My opponent next week in round 2 of our playoffs is the team to beat this year IMO and his team has outscored mine 9 out of 14 weeks this season although oddly enough since week 7 we have basically alternated weeks ... not counting week 10 where he outscored me by less than 1 point.

We both agree this is the real superbowl in our league and the winner of our game will likely go on to win the superbowl in anti-climatic fashion.

He's in sore need of a 3rd WR this week to start in place of Shockey who will be playing PIT. I am strong at WR having Mason, Clayton, JSmith, Boldin and ... well uh Ward. But being 1 spot in front of him on the waivers and seeing his need for a WR I scooped up TJ Houshamandehzawhatever purely so he couldn't have him. This was purely done in defense and I had no intention of starting TJ ... although if Mason is hurt I will certainly consider it.

So instead of getting TJ he scooped up SD defense to play against Cleveland (benching Baltimore against Indy) ... OUCH and will probably pick up Freddie Jones on the waivers. Although he is trying to trade Droughns for DBennett, Driver, Lelie or Heap.

I will be interesting to how this defensive move pans out for me ...

You should know by now that when you do something like that it comes back to bite you in the rear. :D

You are prepared, right? :oldrazz:

611459[/snapback]

Don't I know it :sigh: but what could I do ... I couldn't simply leave him out there could I?

What is going to happen is either I will start TJ and shouldn't have or I won't start him and should have. Then the player he eventually picks up will have a career day. And I will lose ... where I would have won had I let him pick up and play TJ.

:eek:

First thing Saturday morning I dropped Pennington and picked up Matt Stover. Two reasons ... I wasn't sure about Graham in the windy conditions in Cincy AND I didn't want my opponent thinking the same thing to replace his kicker, Akers ... and he confirmed that he would have picked Stover up.

So the scorecard:

Houshmandzadeh scored 8.30, Freddie Jones scored 5.20 - 3.1 points to me.

Stover (and Graham) scored 5 points, Akers 0 - 5 points to me

Not bad ... although I could have done so much better had I let him have Housh and picked up SD ... since Baltimore pulled a zero and SD got him 16. UNLESS I would have benched BUF to start SD ... then I would have lost 1 point (assuming he started BAL and didn't pick up another defense).

He gave up 8.1 points by benching Shockey and going with Freddie.

• 8 months later...
Well I did something today I don't normally do.  My opponent next week in round 2 of our playoffs is the team to beat this year IMO and his team has outscored mine 9 out of 14 weeks this season although oddly enough since week 7 we have basically alternated weeks ... not counting week 10 where he outscored me by less than 1 point.

We both agree this is the real superbowl in our league and the winner of our game will likely go on to win the superbowl in anti-climatic fashion.

He's in sore need of a 3rd WR this week to start in place of Shockey who will be playing PIT.  I am strong at WR having Mason, Clayton, JSmith, Boldin and ... well uh Ward.  But being 1 spot in front of him on the waivers and seeing his need for a WR I scooped up TJ Houshamandehzawhatever purely so he couldn't have him.  This was purely done in defense and I had no intention of starting TJ ... although if Mason is hurt I will certainly consider it.

So instead of getting TJ he scooped up SD defense to play against Cleveland (benching Baltimore against Indy) ... OUCH and will probably pick up Freddie Jones on the waivers.  Although he is trying to trade Droughns for DBennett, Driver, Lelie or Heap.

I will be interesting to how this defensive move pans out for me ...

611426[/snapback]

Hey, who should I start? haha :D

Edited by duarte5451