[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charger loss might be huge for LT owners

Glabra

I have a feeling he'll be riding the pine in week 17. That would be tragic for my chance to win the big game. I hate week 17 super bowls :D

632317[/snapback]

I agree. That's why our super bowl was this week. You HAVE to change that next year in your league!

Keep close tabs on this one throughout the week. Yes, the Chargers will probably want to rest LT some, but I think he'll get some carries for a couple of reasons:

1) He still has the consecutive game rushing TD streak going at 12. They'll probably want to get him to 13.

2) The Chargers would like to build some momentum going into the playoffs. It would be tough doing that with a 2-game losing streak should they drop their final one to the Chiefs.

Sunday's game is going to be tough for the Chargers. The Chiefs are coming in hot, riding a 4-game winning streak. They'll want to finish the season strong. The Chargers have nothing really to play for. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs actually favored in this one.

Keep close tabs on this one throughout the week.  Yes, the Chargers will probably want to rest LT some, but I think he'll get some carries for a couple of reasons:

1) He still has the consecutive game rushing TD streak going at 12.  They'll probably want to get him to 13.

2) The Chargers would like to build some momentum going into the playoffs.  It would be tough doing that with a 2-game losing streak should they drop their final one to the Chiefs.

Sunday's game is going to be tough for the Chargers.  The Chiefs are coming in hot, riding a 4-game winning streak.  They'll want to finish the season strong.  The Chargers have nothing really to play for.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs actually favored in this one.

632660[/snapback]

Good points..It remains to be seen how keen they are on getting LT the record. My guess would be, not much and not at the expense of getting him some rest for wild-card weekend. The momentum thing could be a factor, but an argument could be made that as long as they're playing well, it doesn't matter much.

In any case, my top-notch backfield of Verron Haynes, Greg Jones and Chatman are ready for the call to duty if need be!! :D

To Mcboog and other Charger fans, Chatman has looked great early on. Any updates of interest on him? He's been listed as probable for 5-6 weeks now, and hasn't been doing the kind of damage in spot duty that he was doing early on. Of course he's had much less touches as well.

To Mcboog and other Charger fans, Chatman has looked great early on. Any updates of interest on him? He's been listed as probable for 5-6 weeks now, and hasn't been doing the kind of damage in spot duty that he was doing early on. Of course he's had much less touches as well.

632676[/snapback]

Chatman's been nursing a sore toe and hasn't been practicing more than 1-day a week. He's had a few carries, but it's clear how much more elusive and explosive a healthy Tomlinson is over a slightly dinged up Chatman (or even a healthy Chatman for that matter). Plus LT2 is a much better receiver out of the backfield as evidenced by his 70+ yard catch and run yesterday. Chatman's a good change of pace back. He'll likely get a fair share of carries this week. As I indicated previously, keep an eye on this one during the week. Also note, if you see any mention of Michael "the Burner" Turner (3rd string RB) getting any carries, then you'll know LT2 is in for a lesser role.