[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wildcard weekend thoughts

Grits and Shins

St. Louis @ Seattle

No way should Hasslebeck try to run that ball in ... he did his job and got the ball into the HANDS of his WR. His WR HAS to make that catch. It's amazing that a team with a talents like Hasslebeck, Alexander and Jackson that also has a strong defense can flounder so.

Denver @ Indianapolis

My god if New England doesn't stop Manning and the Colts next weekend I am at a loss as to who will. Manning and Wayne absolutely shredded Denver's defense. And did you see Marvin Harrison's block on Champ Bailey! Denver was shell shocked in the first quarter ... you could see it in their eyes.

New York Jets @ San Diego

IMO you can give this loss to the HC. With the field conditions they way they are you absolutely can not be content to try a 40+ yarder FG with a rookie kicker. Three straight plays with LT up the middle against a defense that is strong against the run? You have to try to get a first down there ... waaaaay too conservative. I have long held when you change away from your game plan (like a prevent defense) you are asking to lose. In this case they threw out the play book that got them there and decided to let LT fall forward for three plays so they could kick a FG. Trust your QB ... he has done a great job all year. It was a very bad ending to a very good year played by the Chargers.

Minnesota @ Green Bay

I'm thinking that Green Bay thought they had this one in the bag before they played it. The Vikings looked like the hungrier team ... the Packers looked old and tired. And like the Broncos they were shell shocked in the 1st quarter. I thought when they scored to make it 17-10 that they would actually make it a game again ... but the Favre and the whole offense could never find their rhythm. I would have said before the game that neither team had the defense to play from a 17 point deficiet ... and certain Green Bay didn't.