[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interested in a Baseball Money League?

Marauders11

wrong Forum, but I am going to post this here and in The Tailgate because I don't think anyone ever reads the other ones!

I am looking for a few guys to partcipate in my local money league- it looks like I have a core group of 6 really solid, active owners so far, but it amazes me how hard it is to dig up new guys that want to play Fantasy Baseball. Anyway- I am commish- the entry fees are $150 which covers you for the whole season. All MLB player universe, H2H format with exact scoring categories to be finalized once the participants are set.

We have 4 cash prizes for the team with best overall record at the All Star break, best overall record at end of regular season, and for h2h playoff runner up and champion.

The league will be run on Yahoo, with a slow e-mail draft that begins sometime in early March and takes 2-3 weeks to complete. Basically you e-mail your pick to the whole league when your time comes up and the next guy will be "on the clock"- I continually post the "draft results" on the Yahoo League site so you can follow that way as well as through your own tracking method. We pretty much only make selections during the "normal" work day of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm when everyone is near a computer. We've never had any problem getting the draft done this way. Sure it takes a while, but it also gives you something to look forward to for most of March.

I will be collecting the league fees from everyone up front so that we do not have any issues with year end payouts, etc.

Let me know if you are interested by PM: and I will get your e-mail address and can send a copy of last seasons rules which will be the basis for any discussions that we have on rule changes, modifications for this year. You will of course be included in those "rules" discussons as well.

At this point I may need only 2 guys, but maybe as many as 4.

Thanks!

wrong Forum, but I am going to post this here and in The Tailgate because I don't think anyone ever reads the other ones!

I am looking for a few guys to partcipate in my local money league- it looks like I have a core group of 6 really solid, active owners so far, but it amazes me how hard it is to dig up new guys that want to play Fantasy Baseball. Anyway- I am commish- the entry fees are $150 which covers you for the whole season. All MLB player universe, H2H format with exact scoring categories to be finalized once the participants are set.

We have 4  cash prizes for the team with best overall record at the All Star break, best overall record at end of regular season, and for h2h playoff runner up and champion.

The league will be run on Yahoo, with a slow e-mail draft that begins sometime in early March and takes 2-3 weeks to complete. Basically you e-mail your pick to the whole league when your time comes up and the next guy will be "on the clock"- I continually post the "draft results" on the Yahoo League site so you can follow that way as well as through your own tracking method. We pretty much only make selections during the "normal" work day of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm when everyone is near a computer. We've never had any problem getting the draft done this way. Sure it takes a while, but it also gives you something to look forward to for most of March.

I will be collecting the league fees from everyone up front so that we do not have any issues with year end payouts, etc.

Let me know if you are interested by PM:  and I will get your e-mail address and can send a copy of last seasons rules which will be the basis for any discussions that we have on rule changes, modifications for this year. You will of course be included in those "rules" discussons as well.

At this point I may need only 2 guys, but maybe as many as 4.

Thanks!

669290[/snapback]

Mar:

We are in the same predicament, as we also have 7 guys. We had 10 for the last few years and we use CBS Sportsline to manage the league. Any chance of a merger?

Lets talk!