[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gatorade Duels

Jumpin Johnies

Kevin Harvick is a tool. I have never been more convinced that a driver is dangerous than I am about him, you can't use the youth excuse anymore.

702400[/snapback]

If my boy Jeff Gordon is on the track around Harvick, Robby Gordon or Stewart I always hold my breath, cause those guys are more aggressive than smart sometimes.

So i have seen some people in my league and on this board talking about how everyone has caught up to DEI on the plate tracks. What ya think after the 1 2 finish in the second race today?

I am off to Daytona tomorrow to watch the best race of the year.

If you can still take a DEI guy in the race on Sunday i would do it now!

So i have seen some people in my league and on this board talking about how everyone has caught up to DEI on the plate tracks. What ya think after the 1 2 finish in the second race today?

I am off to Daytona tomorrow to watch the best race of the year.

If you can still take a DEI guy in the race on Sunday i would do it now!

702686[/snapback]

It was the first race and where on this board has anyone said everyone has caught up with dei in restrictor plate racing? The tv guys have been saying that all week but nobody else I know of. It looks like hendrick and dei are both strong but it will come down to the last 20 laps and who is running with who.

Enjoy the race!

I read somewhere that DEI spent almost 20% of their budget on Superspeedways last year, that's a huge number when you consider that there are 36 races. I think the gap has closed because they realize that in order to win a championship they need to be more consistent and maybe spend a little more time figuring out some of their weaker tracks(i.e road courses). If you look at Gordon, there's not a track out there that he hasn't had some level of success at, and that well rounded approach has served him well in the past. I'm looking forward to a great season, I think there are about 5 or 6 drivers who have a legitimate shot at winning the title this year.

I think the DEI dominance on plat tracks has ended, I'm going with Johnson.

700177[/snapback]

It was the first race and where on this board has anyone said everyone has caught up with dei in restrictor plate racing? The tv guys have been saying that all week but nobody else I know of. It looks like hendrick and dei are both strong but it will come down to the last 20 laps and who is running with who.

Enjoy the race!

702703[/snapback]

My bad , it was the first race! I had to work and wasnt able to watch so i had em backwards.

Not to call JJ out but there is your example. Also several guys in my fantasy league bailed on DEI after qualifying. I personally am starting both Lil E and Waltrip on Sun. Hendrick cars also look really strong as you mentioned.

Well time to make the 10 hour drive! I'll check back with ya'll on Tues !

Kevin Harvick is a tool. I have never been more convinced that a driver is dangerous than I am about him, you can't use the youth excuse anymore.

702400[/snapback]

I think he's a little punk. I have Nemechek on one of my teams and I'm gonna have to switch to Rudd now. I thought it was funny how Front Row Joe was bad mouthing Harvick right in front of him. I'm happy that Childress brought in Burton and Blaney, at least there's some class on that team.

My bad , it was the first race! I had to work and wasnt able to watch so i had em backwards.

Not to call JJ out but there is your example. Also several guys in my fantasy league bailed on DEI after qualifying. I personally am starting both Lil E and Waltrip on Sun. Hendrick cars also look really strong as you mentioned.

Well time to make the 10 hour drive! I'll check back with ya'll on Tues !

702804[/snapback]

DEI did look good yesterday, anyone watching qualifying and practice would've felt the same way that I did about DEI. In two of my pools we have to pick the winners of all the races before the season starts and we're only allowed to use the same driver twice. I'm using the 15 car in both Daytona races and the 8 twice at Talledega. I feel much better now. In another league we can use the same driver 9 times and we must pick 1 A driver, 2 B drivers and 1 C driver. I'm using Johnson A, Waltrip and Jarrett B and Mears C. I might sub Jeff Burton for Jarrett or Nemecheck, Lefler, Riggs or Andretti for Mears. My fourth league is hosted by NASCAR.com where we had an auction draft, I have Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Nemecheck and Rudd. That team is stacked.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

DEI did look good yesterday, anyone watching qualifying and practice would've felt the same way that I did about DEI.  In two of my pools we have to pick the winners of all the races before the season starts and we're only allowed to use the same driver twice.  I'm using the 15 car in both Daytona races and the 8 twice at Talledega.  I feel much better now.  In another league we can use the same driver 9 times and we must pick 1 A driver, 2 B drivers and 1 C driver.  I'm using Johnson A, Waltrip and Jarrett B and Mears C.  I might sub Jeff Burton for Jarrett or Nemecheck, Lefler, Riggs or Andretti for Mears.  My fourth league is hosted by NASCAR.com where we had an auction draft, I have Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Nemecheck and Rudd.  That team is stacked.

702950[/snapback]

D@mn JJ, I'm in a NASCAR.com league as well but I guess my league mates have a pulse, there's no way anyone could have afforded Jimmie and Jeff for one team. It's great that you were able to pick them both up. I got caught up in some bidding wars, then got out too soon and so I got stuck with Biffle, Kahne, McMurray and Truex as my 4. I'm also starting almost the same lineup as you in Yahoo, only I'm starting Vickers instead of Mears.

D@mn JJ, I'm in a NASCAR.com league as well but I guess my league mates have a pulse, there's no way anyone could have afforded Jimmie and Jeff for one team. It's great that you were able to pick them both up. I got caught up in some bidding wars, then got out too soon and so I got stuck with Biffle, Kahne, McMurray and Truex as my 4.  I'm also starting almost the same lineup as you in Yahoo, only I'm starting Vickers instead of Mears.

703272[/snapback]

I bid $52 on Johnson and $46 on Gordon. One of the guys in my league got as high as $50 on Johnson and another guy went to $45 on Gordon. Two nitwits bid Jr. up to $58, I wasn't biting on that bait. I still can't believe I got Rudd and Nemecheck for a dollar a each. These guys are highly underrated. I had Vickers on a team last year and the guy always dissapointed me. I was hoping that Yahoo would put Blaney, Truex and Said in the C category. What's up with Nemecheck and Mears being C drivers?

We had 3 idiots in my league who ended up paying $88 for jr, $65 for Jimmie and $69 for Jeff, that just completely blew my plans and since you couldn't retract bids I got stuck with my "backups" and had to scramble for Kahne and McMurray.

I'm digging all the love for Rudd!! He's been my favorite for a long time. I think he's gonna suprise this year...maybe not the chase, but I think the top 15 is possible.

703874[/snapback]

He's a cool cat. He's solid just about anywhere.

We had 3 idiots in my league who ended up paying $88 for jr, $65 for Jimmie and $69 for Jeff, that just completely blew my plans and since you couldn't retract bids I got stuck with my "backups" and had to scramble for Kahne and  McMurray.

703891[/snapback]

That's a solid team, but you need a short track racer for biffle. Is Rudd or Wallace available? For the road races you ought to drop Truex for either Said or Mears.

That's a solid team, but you need a short track racer for biffle.  Is Rudd or Wallace available?  For the road races you ought to drop Truex for either Said or Mears.

704291[/snapback]

No, Rudd is gone and Rusty is too, the other teams got some good deals and most of the top 20 drivers are gone(My wife's team is DJ, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart and Harvick). I think Casey Mears is available as is Robbie Gordon, I'll keep them in mind for the road races.

No, Rudd is gone and Rusty is too,  the other teams got some good deals and most of the top 20 drivers are gone(My wife's team is DJ, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart and Harvick).  I think Casey Mears is available as is Robbie Gordon, I'll keep them in mind for the road races.

704561[/snapback]

If Robby Gordon is available...snatch him up now! He is "The Man" for road courses. Your wife has a pretty good team as well, you guys should do real well. On a side note, did anyone catch the truck race last night?? How about those two trucks that flipped over..and kept on driving!!! Good stuff...helluva finish!!

If Robby Gordon is available...snatch him up now! He is "The Man" for road courses. Your wife has a pretty good team as well, you guys should do real well. On a side note, did anyone catch the truck race last night?? How about those two trucks that flipped over..and kept on driving!!! Good stuff...helluva finish!!

704578[/snapback]

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I'm pulling for Craven in that series. He had some crummy cars last season for Cal Wells. Ricky can drive, I hope he does well. I'm not touching Robby Gordon on any track. He did well in 2003 by sweeping both road races, but he's running a team with lesser equipment and he may have sponsor issues by the middle of the season. Mears was the best road racer last season, when looking at average finish. Boris Said is very talented as well.

No, Rudd is gone and Rusty is too,  the other teams got some good deals and most of the top 20 drivers are gone(My wife's team is DJ, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart and Harvick).  I think Casey Mears is available as is Robbie Gordon, I'll keep them in mind for the road races.

704561[/snapback]

Your wifes team is awesome. I love DJ, but she has no reason to start him on any track over Martin, Stewart and Harvick.