[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NASCAR

Buffalo4

Once again #24 will be the favorite here too but I believe Dale Jr. will be a little more motivated, so I like him to win. If B. LaBonte has better luck he's one of the best here.

Others that run good here:

J. Burton

Dale Jarrett

M. Martin

T. LaBonte (I don't like his team or car this year though)

Darkhourse:

Casey Mears

From Racers Edge:

RANK DRIVER

1. Elliott Sadler #38

Sadler came out of nowhere last year to win at Texas and it began a season of amazing turnarounds on tracks where he once struggled.

2. Jimmie Johnson #48

Johnson has never finished outside of the top-10 at Texas. On the other hand he has never earned a top-five, but that is about to change.

3. Tony Stewart #20

Seventeenth at Atlanta was the worst finish by Stewart in his last 14 races on the similarly configured 1.5-mile tracks.

4. Jeff Gordon #24

Once Gordon got the hang of Texas he has swept the top-five with four great finishes in a row.

5. Greg Biffle #16

Four of the last five attempts of the 1.5-milers have ended with a top-five finish for Biffle; it's time to pick himself up from Martinsville and start over.

6. Joe Nemechek #01

Assuming Nemechek's engine holds together, he will be glad to get off the short track circuit, and back to where he belongs.

7. Kurt Busch #97

It seemed unlikely that Busch would have three bad races in a row entering Martinsville… four seems even more far-fetched.

8. Kasey Kahne #9

For a driver who has never recorded a short track top-10 in the Cup series, Kahne broke his slump in style with a second-place finish. Now he needs to win on a speedway.

9. Ryan Newman #12

Wherever he finishes, Newman will start near the front at Texas: he has the last four poles on this style track.

10. Matt Kenseth #17

Kenseth got to wear the big hat that goes to the winner back in 2002 after starting a dismal 31st.

11. Mark Martin #6

Martin is one of eight different winners at Texas in the track's first eight races.

12. Kevin Harvick #29

Harvick has been all or nothing in his last seven races on the 1.5-mile tracks. Two top-10s are mediated by three results worse than 30th.

13. Rusty Wallace #2

The series returns to the big track for another week before heading to a flat track. Rest Wallace this weekend and let him prepare for Phoenix.

14. Jamie McMurray #42

McMurray's last eight races on the similarly configured 1.5-mile tracks have all ended with a top-15 finish.

15. Scott Riggs #10

Hendrick Motorsports engines have raised Riggs expectations and then let him down in the last few races.

16. Dale Jarrett #88

Jarrett's results have slipped in his last three starts at both Texas and on the combined 1.5-mile tracks to fall outside the top-10.

17. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8

"Just two more weeks to Talladega" is Earnhardt's mantra… just two more weeks.

18. Dave Blaney #07

His eighth-place finish at Atlanta broke a 12-race streak of finishes outside of the top-10 for Blaney and crew.

19. Jeremy Mayfield #19

After three finishes of 20th or worse, Mayfield was finally back on track with a top-15 at Atlanta.

20. Carl Edwards #99

Can Edwards add to his unrestricted intermediate speedway mystique after winning at Atlanta? He lost a lot of momentum on the short tracks.

21. Sterling Marlin #40

Marlin's last 10 races on the 1.5-mile tracks have ended in a 22nd-place finish on average.

22. Michael Waltrip #15

Wherever he starts, expect Waltrip to move up during the race: in his last eight attempts on the cookie-cutter he has moved up 16 positions on average.

23. Casey Mears #41

In two starts at Texas, Mears has not moved more than two positions from his grid position before the end of the race.

24. Jeff Burton #31

Burton won the inaugural race at Texas and backed it up with a runner-up finish in 2000. Since then the best he could muster was a 19th.

25. Ricky Rudd #21

Rudd climbed back into the top-35 in owners' points with a strong run at Martinsville.

26. Travis Kvapil #77

Kvapil's best results of the year will come on the short tracks, but he will improve on the speedways as well.

27. Brian Vickers #25

One of Vickers best results came at Texas in 2004; now that his rookie season is over he will be more predictable.

28. Kyle Petty #45

Watch Petty closely over the next few weeks, his team is one of the most improved on the circuit and Evernham power will keep him in contention.

29. Kyle Busch #5

Busch attempted to make a pre-rookie start on this track in 2004, but failed to qualify.

30. Jeff Green #43

A blown engine for Green at Texas last year was one of the early signs that a change was needed; this season Petty Enterprises has power from Ray Evernham.

31. Jason Leffler #11

Leffler has made only one start at Texas in 2001, but he made the most of it and finished a respectable 17th.

32. Mike Bliss #0

Bliss will make his first Cup attempt at Texas this weekend, but on the other similarly configured 1.5-mile tracks he has finished 33rd on average.

33. Bobby Hamilton Jr. #32

Hamilton shows a lot of promise on the 1.5-mile tracks but rarely carries the momentum to the end of the race.

34. Ken Schrader #49

Wait for the short tracks to roll back around before giving Schrader the green light again.

35. Scott Wimmer #22

In 14 previous attempts on the 1.5-mile tracks, Wimmer has failed to qualify three times; he'll be in the show Sunday, but those stats don't bode well for a good finish.

I've got the 38 car in three of my pools. Go Sadler!

I'll be there, hope the redneck don't come out in me. :D

775513[/snapback]

Sweet deal. I was in Bristol and Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. I'm headed to Darlington and the Brickyard next. Texas is supposed to be the fastest track on the circuit, should be a blast!

I like Sadler this week, but my darkhorse is Nemechek....tracks fast and he knows how to get around a fast track.

777433[/snapback]

I agree I have Sadler in three pools but I'm using Nemechek as my C driver in another.