[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNC funeral

Meat Face

Well, our worst nightmare has come to pass....

You're right though, Meat. Having a national title certainly makes this easier. In 95 we lost Stackhouse and Wallace as sophomores, and in 98 we lost Carter and Jameson and Shammond Williams. Those teams never had a title (although the 98 team went to the final four twice) This year is totally understandable.

UNC could actually have 4 or 5 first round draft picks this summer. That's unheard of. I believe the record is 2 or maybe 3. Can you imagine the beating Roy Williams would have taken if this team hadn't won a title? That was always what people said about Dean Smith "With all the talent he had, he should have won more than 2 titles..." It's a bunch of crap, of course, but when you have 4 NBA first rounders on your team...

Carolina fans will be very patient for the next couple of years. The ACC is very tough every year and it doesn't look like Duke is going to lose anyone early. UNC will have to work to go .500 in the ACC next year . Roy has a strong class coming in next year, and has apparently been recruiting his ass off, for future classes, as he saw the writing on the wall long ago. Initially May did say that he was planning on returning, but when every one else declared and he was faced with the reality of returning to a team that would be starting 3 freshman, and the possibility of getting double and triple-teamed every game next year, he decided to declare too. I don't blame him at all.

The starting five will be totally unrecognizable to most of the country next year. David Noel and Rayshawn Terry will be the only 2 players returning who had any significant playing time last year. If you remember, we lost 2 players last year, that would have still been here this year and would have helped alot. JamesOn Curry was busted for selling Josh Gordon in his high school and UNC had no choice but to yank his scholarship offer. He ended up at Oklahoma and had a great year. Also J.R. Smith declared for the NBA draft and never stepped on campus. He won the dunk contest at all-star weekend, I believe, but has yet to see any playing time.

Give the Heels 3 years, and we'll be knocking on the door again.

Edited by billay

Could be another Fab Five next year for UNC. They should get great players after winning it all. I think they'll have a winning record, but how good thy'll be is anyone's guess.

I think the record for 1st round picks is 4, but UNC could have 4 in the top 20.

Edited by Randall