[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers Homers

Jumpin Johnies

I did not get the PM, but he is cracking me up. He's got JJ fired up.

I was unaware there were any Panther fans other than JJ, but with a name like PantherDave.........

pre-edit: Please see avatar for thoughts on my team's draft.

794396[/snapback]

PSU Lions and I believe Swampnuts are also Panthers fans.

TimD told you to eat a mans Ding Dong JJ. Then he asked you how it tasted. That's rough.

794652[/snapback]

I really don't care about this guy. He doesn't even know that the Panthers have owned his Bucs the last few years and he has a Gramatica avatar.

JJ, looks like the rookie is going to have to wait to play. I love it.

Agent: Davis expects to play again for Panthers

By JENNA FRYER, AP Sports Writer

April 28, 2005

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Stephen Davis expects to make a full recovery from microfracture surgery and play for the Carolina Panthers again this season.

The team's starting running back missed most of last season with nagging right knee problems, then had the surgery in November.

``Stephen is doing great, he is jacked up about this year,'' agent David Canter said Thursday. ``He feels like that that knee thing was probably something that was here for a while, maybe even when he was in Washington, and he thinks it is all cleared up now.''

ADVERTISEMENT

Davis spent eight years with the Redskins, then signed with the Panthers before the 2003 season. He then had the best year of his career, rushing for a career-best 1,444 yards while helping Carolina win the NFC championship and earning his third Pro Bowl invitation.

But Davis played just two games last season. He played in the season-opener, then had surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee. He tried to return for one game after that, then had the more serious operation to end his year.

Canter said the Panthers will probably hold Davis out until training camp in August to allow him to heal. The Panthers also have DeShaun Foster, who missed most of last season with a broken collarbone, and they drafted Eric Shelton in the second round last weekend.

Picking Shelton, a big, bruising, north-south runner who is very much like Davis, was viewed as insurance in case the 31-year-old Davis can't play again.

But Canter said Davis will be back.

``He is excited and when you talk to Stephen now as opposed to last season, there is no frustration in his voice,'' Canter said. ``He's got a clear goal in mind and one of them is to prove the nonbelievers wrong who said this is it, he's done.''

One of them being JJ.

Updated on Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 1:13 pm EDT

:D

Edited by WhereAreMyRedShoes!

JJ, looks like the rookie is going to have to wait to play. I love it.

Agent: Davis expects to play again for Panthers

By JENNA FRYER, AP Sports Writer

April 28, 2005

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Stephen Davis expects to make a full recovery from microfracture surgery and play for the Carolina Panthers again this season.

The team's starting running back missed most of last season with nagging right knee problems, then had the surgery in November.

``Stephen is doing great, he is jacked up about this year,'' agent David Canter said Thursday. ``He feels like that that knee thing was probably something that was here for a while, maybe even when he was in Washington, and he thinks it is all cleared up now.''

ADVERTISEMENT

Davis spent eight years with the Redskins, then signed with the Panthers before the 2003 season. He then had the best year of his career, rushing for a career-best 1,444 yards while helping Carolina win the NFC championship and earning his third Pro Bowl invitation.

But Davis played just two games last season. He played in the season-opener, then had surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee. He tried to return for one game after that, then had the more serious operation to end his year.

Canter said the Panthers will probably hold Davis out until training camp in August to allow him to heal. The Panthers also have DeShaun Foster, who missed most of last season with a broken collarbone, and they drafted Eric Shelton in the second round last weekend.

Picking Shelton, a big, bruising, north-south runner who is very much like Davis, was viewed as insurance in case the 31-year-old Davis can't play again.

But Canter said Davis will be back.

``He is excited and when you talk to Stephen now as opposed to last season, there is no frustration in his voice,'' Canter said. ``He's got a clear goal in mind and one of them is to prove the nonbelievers wrong who said this is it, he's done.''

One of them being JJ.

Updated on Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 1:13 pm EDT

:D

796982[/snapback]

He's HAD some good years, but he needs to step aside and let the youngsters give it a shot. If he plays at his old level I would be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

He's given us some good years, but he needs to step aside and let the youngsters give it a shot.  If he plays at his old level I would be pleasantly surprised.

797014[/snapback]

He's given you one good year. He didn't play last year. This is his third year with you guys.

I was typing fast son.  I edited my post.

797112[/snapback]

No excuses in the Huddle. Go to the bench for awhile and get your head together.

I will let you know when your aloud to come back in the Huddle. go on now.