[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need commish help

Hambone

I'm commissioner for a league that uses an Auction Salary Cap draft with 4 keepers (switching to Dynasty this season).

We have a $100K cap for 16 roster spots. Minimum player salary is $1000, minimum bid raise is $100. Draft order is set by last year's standings in reverse order. First drafter throws out the first person to be bid on and a starting salary bid (does not have to be $1000, can start at any amount in increments of $100 over $1000). Bidding continues until only one bidder remains. The next person in order throws out the next name and this continues for 10 rounds. After that, we go back to the first person to throw a name and they may select any player not already drafted and pick them up at $1000. This continues in serpentine fashion until everyone has completed their rosters.

At the end of the season, each owner may keep 4 players from their roster and those player's salaries are increased by 10% for the next season. All other players are available for draft the next season at auction again.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions about anything, just let me know.

If a player is undrafted, how do I determine his salary? Can this be set to level on average score (or average score times "x")? I am thinking I will limit the waivers to say 10 for the season in hopes of sparking some trade action.

Not sure...

Do you use IR? should the IR count towards salary?

I am searching the web for articles to see what else is out there. Not finding much.

Thanks for the info

We use a modified waiver process. If someone has been on a team and waived, they have their salary lowered by 20% and they are available on a worst-to-first basis for the entire season.

Anyone who has not been on a team so far during the season may be selected on a first come, first served basis. Their salary is $1000 x week of the season. In this case someone selected in week 10 would cost that team $10,000.

We do not use an IR so I can't really help you there but one suggestion might be to have a % of their salary count against the cap. I run a fantasy league hosting site and most have either 0, 25, 50, or 75% of their current salary count against the cap, though you can use any number you want.

Let me know if have any other questions.

Thanks both!

Saw the auction stuff - look like the way to go.

It is the salary that has me concerned.

855214[/snapback]

The amount of the cap isn't a big deal. We use $100. As long as folks prepare their 'cheatsheets' utilizing % of total cap for each player, it should work fine.

Carbb69 and my league sound exactly the same in terms of percentage. He uses $1,000 minimum bet (1% of total), we use $1 (1% of total).