[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

draft advice

gijunky

Guys:

I need some additional perspective on an upcoming draft. I am involved in a 12 team performance scoring league which allows you to keep 1 player from each position (QB, RB, WR, TE, DST, K) for the coming year. I own the 1.08 pick in the draft from a previous trade. I have on offer from an owner to move up to 1.04 (my 1.08 and 4.12 for his 1.04 and 6.09). But keep in mind, the top 12 RBs and WR are already taken (as keepers).

My question is this - is it worth the cost (basically the 48th pick) to move up 4 spots in the first? The possible options to pick at 1.04 would be S. Jackson, J. Jones, T. Barber, C. Mart, W. Mcgahee, A. Green...etc. At 1.08 I am probably looking at T. Bell or D. Foster or J.J. Arrington. I also have the 3.08 and 3.11 pick (no second rounder).

My strategy was going to be to take the top RB on the board at 1.08, then hope that Arrington falls to me at 3.08, then take the top WR on the board at 3.11. After that, best player on the board.

Any input you can provide would be appreciated.

the Junky

who are your keepers?....what are your starting requirements?....depending on this info, the offer could be really good or really bad for you.

893512[/snapback]

My keepers are:

QB C. Palmer

RB K. Jones

WR A. Johnson

TE L.J. Smith

K R. Longwell

DST Denver or Arizona

Starting requirements are 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST. I have kicked around the idea of taking the top WR at pick 1.08 (Boldin would probably be there) and then hopefully getting Arrington or Benson at 3.08 and the next best RB at 3.11. However, all of the mocks I have seen so far have RBs flying off of the boards, so I am a little hesitant to wait for RB.

I wouldn't do it. To have no 2nd or 4th round picks just to move up 4 spots int the first...nope...wouldn't do it. At the 8 pick, you can still get a solid RB (with the top 12 gone already, I don't think any of the next 12 are going to be that much of a difference maker...if they were, they'd be taken with the first 3 picks anyway). I'd stay put...pick best RB in the 1st....best RB and WR with the 3rd rounders and best WR left in the 4th.

Good Luck