[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush takes out a full page ad

rajncajn

I'm positive that over the course of his career Bush wil do more than his fair share to help the community. I didn't see Favre or McNair or any pro athelete anywhere for that matter give up half their initial earnings when they first joined a pro team. It's easy for them to give now, they're already millionaires.

Exactly :D

1450663[/snapback]

More than his fair share? Hmmmm do you really think so? I personally donated (according to 2005 tax records) $880. I make approximately $65,000 so that is approximately 1.5 percent of my income. For Bush to donate the equivalent of 1.5% of say $25,000,000, CONSERVATIVELY we will say that would equal 9% of his guaranteed money - his FAIR share would be $2,250,000. And that is only taking into account 45% of his estimated income so his "fair share" would really be closer to $5,000,000.

Say he earns $60,000,000 with endorsements over the next 5 years. Uncle Sam and the States where he performs to earn a living take 52%, that leaves him with $28,800,000. His agent takes 2% or $720,000 - We'll say he now has $28,000,000. We'll give him $250,000 per month in living expenses for the next 5 years - that is another $7.5 mil so he still has $21,000,000 + . I would say that he could donate $5Mil and live comfortably for his life and his kids and their kids and probably their kids too on the $16,000,000 he has left, along with whatever he makes on his next contract as a buffer.

How exactly would him taking less money help the city of New Orleans? That would actually mean there would be less money going into the economy.

1450282[/snapback]

And more staying in Benson's pockets. :D

I take Reggie at face value. It seems he didn't want to go to new Oreans but was so impressed withe fans and the coaching staff he now considers himself a Saint.

It would be interesting if the team did well, not because of just Reggie. but the rest of the team. He may give them the same credibility Reggie White gave Green Bay when he signed there. They have a good start on building a winner, can they do it?

First he needs to sign.

More than his fair share?  Hmmmm do you really think so?  I personally donated (according to 2005 tax records) $880.  I make approximately $65,000 so that is approximately 1.5 percent of my income.  For Bush to donate the equivalent of 1.5% of say $25,000,000, CONSERVATIVELY we will say that would equal 9% of his guaranteed money - his FAIR share would be $2,250,000.  And that is only taking into account 45% of his estimated income so his "fair share" would really be closer to $5,000,000. 

Say he earns $60,000,000 with endorsements over the next 5 years.  Uncle Sam and the States where he performs to earn a living take 52%, that leaves him with $28,800,000.  His agent takes 2% or $720,000 - We'll say he now has $28,000,000.  We'll give him $250,000 per month in living expenses for the next 5 years - that is another $7.5 mil so he still has $21,000,000 + .  I would say that he could donate $5Mil and live comfortably for his life and his kids and their kids and probably their kids too on the $16,000,000 he has left, along with whatever he makes on his next contract as a buffer.

1451107[/snapback]

So what is it you have against Reggie Bush and the Saints? Why are you singling him out & not any of the other rookies? Why should he give up so much when nobody else does? and are you always a tool or is it just this time? :D

This is so orchestrated.  It makes me like him a lot less than I did 4 minutes ago.

If he wants to help the city of New Orleans so much, why not negotiate for a salary half of what he would have normally, to be matched in reclimation donations for the city by Benson.

1450262[/snapback]

Copycat.  You think Brees told him this would be a good idea?  Posturing at it's best.

1450535[/snapback]

What's the old Lincoln saying ? Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Seems appropriate here.

So what is it you have against Reggie Bush and the Saints? Why are you singling him out & not any of the other rookies? Why should he give up so much when nobody else does? and are you always a tool or is it just this time? :D

1451484[/snapback]

I don't like Reggie Bush posturing in the media to try and get a better contract. That makes me a tool? I also don't like the fact that he used a ghost writer to convey "his feelings" about the city...

"The welcome and support that I have received from the organization, the City of New Orleans, and the entire Saints community has been amazing. I am both excited and ready to do whatever I can to help this team and community move forward. There is a resilient, hopeful, and winning attitude in New Orleans and with the Saints, that is contagious.

If you think Reggie Bush ever included the words resilient and contagious in the same sentence in your life, I have a levee in New Orleans I'd like to sell you.

Had this advertisement read something more to the affect of:

"The welcome I got from the Saints and their fans has been unreal.  I am pumped to play in front of the home crowd.  I can't wait to get out on the field and help make the Saints a winner".

I would have a much easier time stomaching the fact that he is saying what he thinks he needs to say in order to have the fans backing him in his anticipated rape of Tom Benson.

1451484[/snapback]

He's obviously against free market capitalism. :D

Must be a commie.

This is headed for a hold out for many reasons

1450115[/snapback]

Probably because NOrleans fans won't buy his parents a house tooooo and he'll end up with pay cut in the pros after having to pay his agent ... :D