[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson more carries (May 21)

cliaz

And that's your right!  Mine is to choose the guy that averaged almost 6 PPG better than Shaun Alexander and almost 10 PPG more than Tomlinson.  Heck...he outscored Tomlinson but only started 9 games!!!  For me the choice is clear as a bell.

People have pointed out the questions surrounding KC as well, and allI can say is bye bye Hutchinson and Hello Rivers :D

1486705[/snapback]

Yep, this was what I tried to post in the #1 thread until it got moved.

No way should you draft a RB in LJ who is being predicted to be hurt by week 6. Go with the safe choice in Tomlinson who has a new QB under center another year of wear and tear on those legs. Of course you could go with Alexander who lost Hutch in the offseason, or who finally got his contract and is slated to be on the Madden cover.

No way do you draft LJ and his 1554 rush yards, 313 rec yards and 20 TD's in 11 of his best games last season. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put it this way so there is no way this can confuse anyone.  When it comes down to having the 1st pick in the 1st round  Your choices are clear:

Either

Alexander, Tomlinson or Johnson

for me I cannot draft a running back as the 1st over all if he has never played a full season regardless of how many TDs and yards he got last year in 9 starts.  I'm not saying LJ isn't talented, I'm not saying he isn't the 2nd coming but what I am saying is he has never proven that he can do a full 16 game schedule in the NFL.  That right there will/would make me choose between Tomlinson and Alexander.  Both have proven that when they are injured they can still play. 

My prediction of an injury for LJ is simply just a hunch and nothing more.  They play the Bengals, Steelers, Denver, Dolphins and Jags and even though KC has proven time and again to produce a good running game, LJ is still not experienced enough (in my eyes) to avoid an injury from one of these defenses if things go south during a game.

This is all in my view point and I'm not saying I would draft him #2 or #3 I'm just saying I could not take him as a clear #1 over all this year.  I like to play it safe with my 1st pick.

1486682[/snapback]

Noitice the bold marks. Carson Palmer anyone. :D

Here comes Menudo!! haha :D

Ok so the injury thing might not be accurate, but he will likely be drafted #1 in most drafts, and I firmly believe something will happen where he wont produce like he did last year. Call it a hunch, call it ESP, whatever....Thats just what I think. Is he good? Sure he is. Is he a lock for rushing title/TD title? Absolutely NOT. LT has had close to 20TDs over the last few years. He has a QB in question now. SA has done the same. He lost some OL talent. Now LJ has done what over the past few years? Hes shown he was a great backup when Priest went down, fine. Has he done it over the past few years to warrant the #1 pick? Not for me.

1486707[/snapback]

Cool, that's all i was trying to hear, not these stupid, idiotic comments about "he's gonna get hurt", "he will be hurt between weeks 3-5". I mean don't spout off stuff that has no bearing on the past when the arguement you all are tryign to make in regards to why you won't draft him #1 is because he doesn't have a past full season or two of success. You can't use the past in your favor and then turn the tables and use it against him as well. See where I'm coming from? If anything you all should be listening to those close to the Chiefs, who read the articles, who know what's going on with the team on a daily basis, who traded for LJ last year in a keeper BEFORE THE SEASON BEGAN. I've seen him play every snap and when a RB busts through and takes it to the house leaving everyone else in there dust(not all of them are capable), or runs down a player from 20 yards back to save a TD, that's special. #1, without a doubt, do you have a valid argument, slightly. :D

Otis has first shot then I'll get to the next sucker...I mean Huddler.. :D

1486733[/snapback]

:D You call me a sucker, but won't take the bet? :D

Otis has first shot then I'll get to the next sucker...I mean Huddler.. :D

1486733[/snapback]

I'll gladly take a sig bet. I'll take LJ. Who do you think will finish with more fantasy points this year? Pick your horse.