[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carters value continuing to rise.

PantherDave

STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

It's pretty clear right now that Drew Carter has the upper hand over Keary Colbert as the team's No. 3 receiver. Carter offers more big-play ability and really shined during minicamp while Colbert remains on the sidelines nursing an ankle injury.

The writing was on the wall with the finish of the regular season, and Carter will have more than his share of oprutunities(sp). The clear cut value as keeper or dynasty pick is unquestionable, but he'll fly off draft boards a WR#3 in redrafts as well this season. Smitty and Carter going deep Key patroling the middle and out patterns-looking forward to this season.

STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

It's pretty clear right now that Drew Carter has the upper hand over Keary Colbert as the team's No. 3 receiver. Carter offers more big-play ability and really shined during minicamp while Colbert remains on the sidelines nursing an ankle injury.

The writing was on the wall with the finish of the regular season, and Carter will have more than his share of oprutunities(sp). The clear cut value as keeper or dynasty pick is unquestionable, but he'll fly off draft boards a WR#3 in redrafts as well this season. Smitty and Carter going deep Key patroling the middle and out patterns-looking forward to this season.

1483463[/snapback]

No offense PD, and I respect your opinion, but isnt this almost exactly what everyone said last year about Kolbert? I bought in to that and drafted Kolbert and it never panned out to be anything.

Additionally, can Delhomme actually SEE anyone else other then Smith? The last 2 years he's thrown to one WR all season long - Mush and Smith last year.

I dont know anything about Carter, so Im really basing all my stuff on past experiences.

No offense PD, and I respect your opinion, but isnt this almost exactly what everyone said last year about Kolbert? I bought in to that and drafted Kolbert and it never panned out to be anything.

Additionally, can Delhomme actually SEE anyone else other then Smith? The last 2 years he's thrown to one WR all season long - Mush and Smith last year.

I dont know anything about Carter, so Im really basing all my stuff on past experiences.

1483571[/snapback]

Delhomme hooked up with DC quite a few times at seasons end, and he gave the Bears fit's in the PO game. The Panthers will not be one dimensional, as 04 Smith was hurt and 05 Colbert flopped. This should resemble 03 when Jake had Smitty and Mush and distributed it around much more that season.

Delhomme hooked up with DC quite a few times at seasons end, and he gave the Bears fit's in the PO game. The Panthers will not be one dimensional, as 04 Smith was hurt and 05 Colbert flopped. This should resemble 03 when Jake had Smitty and Mush and distributed it around much more that season.

1483579[/snapback]

Good enough for me. :D

Ill take a late round flyer on him.

Carter only had 5 catches all season..he had 1 pass ---no catches in week 17.....3 catches for 55 yards and a TD in week 16.....2 catches for 48 yards in week 15.....that is all!! Proehl was much bigger late in the season than Carter or Colbert...think Keyshawn draws alot of attention and Smith is even bigger this year....believe Carter is a year or more off...Hankton, Colbert and Carter will all play for that #3 position with little attention in Jake's view.....Magnum and Seidman will be big I believe this year....Carolina's #3 WR will have little fantasy value IMO.....other teams will have better fantasy value at #3 WR....Patriots now with Jackson & Troy Brown...Stokely for Indy....Randle El for Skins....plus...Smith, Lelie and walker for Bronco's...I'll take the #3 here too :D before Carolina's #3.....JMHO :D

Carter only had 5 catches all season..he had 1 pass ---no catches in week 17.....3 catches for 55 yards and a TD in week 16.....2 catches for 48 yards in week 15.....that is all!!  Proehl was much bigger late in the season than Carter or Colbert...think Keyshawn draws alot of attention and Smith is even bigger this year....believe Carter is a year or more off...Hankton, Colbert and Carter will all play for that #3 position with little attention in Jake's view.....Magnum and Seidman will be big I believe this year....Carolina's #3 WR will have little fantasy value IMO.....other teams will have better fantasy value at #3 WR....Patriots now with Jackson & Troy Brown...Stokely for Indy....Randle El for Skins....plus...Smith, Lelie and walker for Bronco's...I'll take the #3 here too :D before Carolina's #3.....JMHO :D

1484021[/snapback]

In the playoffs he had 4 catches (in addition to the 5 you mention) in 2 games. 4 for 131 and 1 score. He may be a year off or this could be his year.

Everyone keep forgeting he tore his ACL or MCL and its now the 2 yr mark of his recovery so flash yeah. But I believe his flash is a reality. One more yr and this man is the man. K. Johnson to learn from also. Cant wait to see him explode on the scene.

In the playoffs he had 4 catches (in addition to the 5 you mention) in 2 games. 4 for 131 and 1 score. He may be a year off or this could be his year.

1485501[/snapback]

My bad.....to be more honest about the WR's in Carolina...Delhomme can play QB...its just his decision making skills needs to improve and his read of defenses is miserable at times...he needs to study films more for sure......this is the true ingredient of a FF boom for the #3 position in Carolina.....Kolbert won't go without a fight and believe Carter shares the position with at least Kolbert....with Jake's fascination with Smith and now Meshawn....the #3 (no matter who it is) will get you 10-15 points maybe once or twice during the year...which weeks??? That's why I steer clear of Carolina's #3 WR....

Proehl ever decide to retire or did he move on???? If Proehl comes back it will be even more muddy than it already is...JMHO :doah: