[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fin fans

devilwoman

Who is going to take the FS spot in Miami???

1491321[/snapback]

I've already paid off all of the Dolphins fans, and they either will not be responding, or giving you mis-information....... :D

The Dolphins have four safeties on the roster that have started in the NFL, Yeremiah Bell, Taveres Tillman, Renaldo Hill, and Deke Cooper. Add to them our first round draft pick, Jason Allen and you have five guys who, at this point in the pre-pre-season someone could make a compelling argument that they would start. That doesn't even add in the guys at CB who might be moved back into the mix or compute the possibilities of five and six man backfields and who will contribute there.

The defensive backfield battle will be huge and may hinge on which player or players learn the system the best. Talent only counts if it is applied in the right place at the right time.

This is from Nick Saban's post practice press conference transcript:

Quote:

(On how much time Jason Allen will split between cornerback and safety) – “We’re probably not going to spend a lot of time with him at corner because we probably want to evaluate him as a safety right now. I know you will ask me is he playing stronger free? In my simple minded way of doing safeties, we play right and left. So that means if the formation is to him he’s the strong safety. If the formation is away from him he’s the free safety. It’s the only way that I really find that safeties learn all. It’s a little harder for them in the beginning because they’re really learning two positions, but if one guy goes in motion they become that other guy so why not teach them that right off the bat even though it’s a little more difficult. That’s what we’re trying to do with him. We’ll also playing him as a fifth defensive back or star. So he’s learning those things right now. And we’re not going to throw him any more pitches than that for now.”