[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Rookie RB's

PantherDave

no one is talking LenDale ?

if C Brown does get traded i think he has a decent shot at putting up some #'s

White would be my other most likely to bust candidate. His attitude is terrible - especially for a rookie trying to earn a spot with a team, he's not concerned about his conditioning, and he's one dimensional. The first 2 are a huge concern IMO.

I may stick my foot in my mouth, but I thought Emmitt Smith did fairly well in Zona. The OL and the RB go hand in hand and can make the other look better, or more productive than first thought.

He did about as well as you could expect a RB to do in his situation at his age. I would not say he did bad, but his line made him look bad. he just held the job long enough to put up almost-decent fantasy numbers.If Thomas Jones would have played in more than 9 games his last year in Arizona he also would of put up semi-decent numbers .

He did about as well as you could expect a RB to do in his situation at his age. I would not say he did bad, but his line made him look bad. he just held the job long enough to put up almost-decent fantasy numbers.If Thomas Jones would have played in more than 9 games his last year in Arizona he also would of put up semi-decent numbers .

He made himself look bad. He ultimately lost a starting job that Denny Green literally handed to him in preseason by being outperformed by a RB in Shipp who is nothing better than a journeyman RB. To see him cowering in a 4th and short situation against the Giants I believe, rather than doing everything possible to gain a 1st down tells one everything you need to know about Arrington.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Not to toot my own horn but I have been very good at picking RB's coming out of college that will succeed in there first year as a RB in the NFL, from Chris Brown to Caddy, sure these are from recent memory, but every year I seem to select the right guy. This year my list is:

Bush

Maroney

White

D. Williams

Addai

JMHO

Edit, and I moreso rank them by the talent that I see, not by the situation they fall into, although that weighs a little in the back of my mind.

Edited by Hat Trick

I'd rank them like this:

1) Williams Complete skill set, takes a ton of work, good height/weight ratio, runs inside & outside equally well, attitude that says "keep giving me the ball", plays for a very good coach on a very good team that has balance on offense & enough strength on D that he'll get significant 2nd half carries. Barring injury, I see this guy as being the most likely stud in this year's class.

2) Maroney My pick to be the very-good-but-not-quite-a-stud RB of this class. He brings good height/weight ratio, good power, can catch out of the backfield, runs both inside & outside well, but he isn't as aggressive as Williams, and at times he isn't nearly as hungry. Plays in a great system. I wonder why he couldn't beat out Barber outright at MIN, and Barber is looking like he'll be a solid-but-not-studly RB in the NFL.

3) Bush Not my favorite player at this position. Has superb speed, great cutting ability, but his height/weight ratio is poor and he already has had some very significant character warts show up. He put up awesome numbers, but he did it against PAC 10 Ds, which are conference-wise some of the poorest in the country. His speed factor will probably be negated quite a bit in the pros, as he won't have the advantage of being so much more athletically dominant over pro LBs & SSs as he was over PAC 10 LBs & SSs. He's never has been asked to carry a full load, which worries me also. If he's the best RB prospect in a decade or more, I don't care how good LenDale White is - why wasn't Bush getting the rock more? Carroll has coached in the pros & has done a superb job in college - why did he feel the necessity to limit Bush? Bush smells like a CoP RB to me - he'll have some great FF days, but he'll have some very poor ones also. That projected inconsistency makes me think he'll be a good NFL RB, but he'll disappoint people who think he's the next chosen one. I also expect holdout/contract problems throughout his career, starting with this year.

4) White One dimensional bull runner who has a problem with his attitude & with his work ethic. Pro workouts are what get rookies the jack by allowing them to move up in the draft - and he could have cared less & showed up out of shape. He looks like he won't be on the field in passing downs, so I'd expect limitations on him, and he's also physically limited running to the edge. I really don't like the character/work ethic flaws, and I like it less in a limited RB. He could play himself right into a #3 RB role.

5) Addai I already discussed him, but I'll repeat my concerns. He plays a lot smaller & slower than his size & workout speed, and he has an injury history. He runs upright and he doesn't have the power necessary to run well in trash. I can easily see Rhodes stunting his pro growth, as Rhodes has already proven he can play at an NFL level well. He's my most-likely-to-be-a-bust candidate.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I pretty much agree with Bronco Billy...I think he has a terrific assessment. Just getting back into the swing of things in the study department, and have to check on some things. I like Williams a lot, for most of the reasons highlighted. I think he has a good chance to be "the man" in a great situation by mid-season, and that is money. Maroney will be a very good pro and will get chances this season, but New England's overall depth and reliance on Brady throwing his share will limit excessive production - not to mention Dillon. I am a USC fan, and have kept my Bush feelings in check. I don't think he is big enough to ever be a main back - that's just my opinion - but he was drafted for a reason. I think he will get a lot of TD's, so for anyone in TD heavy leagues, I think he is a great look. I have not checked into McAllister's situation, so I don't know how things will shake out there yet - maybe you guys know. Pretty hard to not have Deuce as the main back if healthy, and move Bush around. I think Bush will end up in the end zone plenty...that team and that city needs some ESPN highlight moments...and that was why he was brought onboard, I think. Also sceptical about the signability of him...could be an issue, and makes McAllister more valuable to me, if healthy. I don't like White much at all. Anyone who thinks so much of themselves they can't see the value of a good draft impression is not worthy of my draft pick, I don't think. Addai is interesting, but I don't think they'll hand the backfield protection duties over full time to a rookie, with the team so close to Super Bowl caliber. Rhodes showed plenty in his time in the spotlight, and I think will be a top performer this season.

Good discussion.

It is an interesting class in some very interesting situations, and I see very valid points in all the breakdowns. Williams could well end up with a fantastic rookie campaign, but Foster may actually stay healthy, however, both will be used in the Panthers attack this season. Dillion may be used up, as he toted the rock many times with the Bengals. However, as with Addai, Maroney will have to be able to pick up the blitz and know where it's coming from-something Shelton stuggled with mightely his rookie TC and PS with the Panthers. Maroney and Addai will have to be able to do this, as if Williams can not-Fox will not play him until he is able too.

Edited by PantherDave