[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Knight spanks OU

Bushey

Why don't you guys just call each other from a pay phone and threaten one another instead of the message board big talk? We are talking college football. All I can say is that when topics are started berating another conference or team, then expect some posts that you don't like. You asked for it. The fact is, both conferences take turns sucking weekly. If you are a die hard fan of one team and hate the others in your conference, then fine. Be a die hard fan and cheer on your team. If someone is a fan of an entire conference, then so be it.

I have been here for a number of years and have always enjoyed the bantering back and forth, but even I think that the online threats are just plain idiotic. If you guys have kids, then do them a favor and act like you've been somewhere before and get over yourselves.

Go OU and Go Washington!

Storied programs that will be around long after both of you are dead.

Why don't you guys just call each other from a pay phone and threaten one another instead of the message board big talk? We are talking college football. All I can say is that when topics are started berating another conference or team, then expect some posts that you don't like. You asked for it. The fact is, both conferences take turns sucking weekly. If you are a die hard fan of one team and hate the others in your conference, then fine. Be a die hard fan and cheer on your team. If someone is a fan of an entire conference, then so be it.

I have been here for a number of years and have always enjoyed the bantering back and forth, but even I think that the online threats are just plain idiotic. If you guys have kids, then do them a favor and act like you've been somewhere before and get over yourselves.

Go OU and Go Washington!

Storied programs that will be around long after both of you are dead.

You're right. Thanks.

I wouldn't say we're mediocre. We are clearly better than Oregon.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this. If OU was clearly better than Oregon...why didn't they beat the Ducks by 20-30 points? I mean if they are clearly better, there should have been no doubt about the outcome of that game. Oregon gave you how many turnovers and still OU could not put it away. I think you are no better than Oregon at most. Yes Peterson is a heck of a RB but really that is your bread and butter on offense and he did light up the Ducks for over 140 yards in the second half (or could have been in the 4th quarter) but one man an 11man offense doesn't make. Oregon, played a better game all around than did OU...and if the call would have went the other way, say OU would have been behind kicked the onside kick and got the ball on a controversial call...OU would have said well sorry those are the breaks, get over it already. So as a Duck fan, get over it....we've had our share of bad calls in the last 2-3 years, and we didn't like them but we moved on...karma can be cruel. :D

Gonna have to disagree with you on this. If OU was clearly better than Oregon...why didn't they beat the Ducks by 20-30 points? I mean if they are clearly better, there should have been no doubt about the outcome of that game. Oregon gave you how many turnovers and still OU could not put it away. I think you are no better than Oregon at most. Yes Peterson is a heck of a RB but really that is your bread and butter on offense and he did light up the Ducks for over 140 yards in the second half (or could have been in the 4th quarter) but one man an 11man offense doesn't make. Oregon, played a better game all around than did OU...and if the call would have went the other way, say OU would have been behind kicked the onside kick and got the ball on a controversial call...OU would have said well sorry those are the breaks, get over it already. So as a Duck fan, get over it....we've had our share of bad calls in the last 2-3 years, and we didn't like them but we moved on...karma can be cruel. :D

:D What he said!

The refs and the replay officials gave the game to Oregon. If you think that is ok, well then you are no more than a blind homer, and I hope you enjoy your illegitimate win. Your conference and their strange officiating practices not only screwed OU, but the whole BIG 12. I have absolutely no love for OU, but OU getting shafted screwed up the strength of schedule for the BIG 12 conference, and falsely inflated the strength of schedule for the PAC 10. If you think that is just ok, then you're nuts. Even had it not been a PAC 10 officiating crew this would still be one of the worst scandals in a regular season game, given that the PAC 10 unlike all the other conferences only allows PAC 10 officials to do thier home game it makes it that much worse. Frankly if I was Oregon or the PAC 10 I would be embarrassed, know that the refs cheated a team and a conference. Prior to hearing your tripe crap, I had hoped that OU wouldn't file a civil suit against the PAC 10 at the end of the season, but after reading what you have written, I almost hope that they do, as your officials cost the BIG 12 millions, and it is right there on tape for everyone to see.

The refs and the replay officials gave the game to Oregon. If you think that is ok, well then you are no more than a blind homer, and I hope you enjoy your illegitimate win. Your conference and their strange officiating practices not only screwed OU, but the whole BIG 12. I have absolutely no love for OU, but OU getting shafted screwed up the strength of schedule for the BIG 12 conference, and falsely inflated the strength of schedule for the PAC 10. If you think that is just ok, then you're nuts. Even had it not been a PAC 10 officiating crew this would still be one of the worst scandals in a regular season game, given that the PAC 10 unlike all the other conferences only allows PAC 10 officials to do thier home game it makes it that much worse. Frankly if I was Oregon or the PAC 10 I would be embarrassed, know that the refs cheated a team and a conference. Prior to hearing your tripe crap, I had hoped that OU wouldn't file a civil suit against the PAC 10 at the end of the season, but after reading what you have written, I almost hope that they do, as your officials cost the BIG 12 millions, and it is right there on tape for everyone to see.

The only issue I have with your points both with the gravity of the situation and the difference between this and what B Knight (who I despise) said is the reliance on the money issue. In both cases that seems to be the cornerstone of your argument. While it's foolish to think that money isn't a monumentally intergal part of college sports, it doesn't change the fact that teams have gotten screwed for years yet decide that the payoff is ultimately high enough to endure the times when they don't get their "fair share". There are more systematic crimes against fair distribution of bowl money that go on each and every year like the fact that someone from the ACC is assured a spot in one of the big bowls this year at the expense of either the Michigan/OSU loser or a top notch SEC team. That's not even human error, that's an accepted policy.

Where I find myself in line with those on your side of the argument is the fact that this is worse than a blown call, it's blown call backed up by a blown replay. However, given that this isn't even the first time that has happened... that mostly just confirms for me the fact that replay, as it is executed, is utterly lame.

The only issue I have with your points both with the gravity of the situation and the difference between this and what B Knight (who I despise) said is the reliance on the money issue. In both cases that seems to be the cornerstone of your argument. While it's foolish to think that money isn't a monumentally intergal part of college sports, it doesn't change the fact that teams have gotten screwed for years yet decide that the payoff is ultimately high enough to endure the times when they don't get their "fair share". There are more systematic crimes against fair distribution of bowl money that go on each and every year like the fact that someone from the ACC is assured a spot in one of the big bowls this year at the expense of either the Michigan/OSU loser or a top notch SEC team. That's not even human error, that's an accepted policy.

Where I find myself in line with those on your side of the argument is the fact that this is worse than a blown call, it's blown call backed up by a blown replay. However, given that this isn't even the first time that has happened... that mostly just confirms for me the fact that replay, as it is executed, is utterly lame.

It isn't just about money though. It is about strenght of scheudle which determines what bowls you get, and where you end up ranked. Which in turn not only determines how much money you get, but your chances of a national championship, both in the current year, and in subsequent years, as it could also effect recruiting. One loss in basketball isn't likely to cost you or others in your conference a chance at a national title, or loss of recruits, but one loss in a football game very well can.

California= 45...Oregon= 24. Ouch!

It isn't just about money though. It is about strenght of scheudle which determines what bowls you get, and where you end up ranked. Which in turn not only determines how much money you get, but your chances of a national championship, both in the current year, and in subsequent years, as it could also effect recruiting. One loss in basketball isn't likely to cost you or others in your conference a chance at a national title, or loss of recruits, but one loss in a football game very well can.

Well there's certainly no argument that one game is whole lot bigger in football. That doesn't change the irony that the same school who made noises about having a game stricken from the books was asked to do the same for very similar reasons not long ago. That much is not lost on me.

Once again, I can't really buy the long term effect based on the fact that it all comes around and yet you tend to find the same names at the top of the heap year in and out. It's going to take a whole lot for me to start shedding a tear for the OUs of the world.

Civil Suit? Do you ever watch sports? Bad calls happen ALL the time. Grow up and move on!! :D

Edited by theprofessor