[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WW advice for QB

Dingleberry

I have an issue at QB this week. With Palmer on a bye the only other QB I have is Favre. I would normally, just to be on the safe side, pick up a QB in case he can't go, but I am somewhat limited in roster space.

There are some decent QB's on the wire for this week like Smith or Frye.

My team

Palmer, Favre

R.Brown, Westbrook, Rhodes, Benson, Norwood, and Jones-Drew

Boldin, Roy Williams, Driver, B.Edwards, Colston, and Desmond Clark (TE=WR in this league)

Gould is my only kicker and St.Louis is my only D.

I could drop Benson, but my RB situation stinks already, with my only two true starters either banged up or playing like they are. So, roll the dice with Favre or go ahead and add another just to be on the safe side.

Who else is available for QB? take a look at the matchups and I'd definitely drop Benson.....right now he's the only one of your RB not producing and you don't have TJones.

Good Luck, see my post

Alex Smith has the best of the match ups this week at home against Oakland, Frye is at Carolina. Huard is out there for a one week fill at Arizona. None of the other available QB's seems like they have a favorable match up this week.

Your on the money with the Benson deal, I was just trying to keep some options open with that position, on the just in case this happens scenario.

(KFFL) Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre (head, stinger) practiced Thursday, Oct. 5 and appeared to throw without much discomfort. He is listed as probable for the Week 5 game.
(Rotoworld) Brett Favre (probable, neck) practiced Thursday.

Impact: Favre should be ready to play against a shaky Rams secondary. Donald Driver also practiced and Koren Robinson could be an upgrade at the third receiver spot, so Favre is a decent option this week.

Personally I'd have no trouble starting Favre against StL. I have no doubts he'll play and it's a good matchup.

FWIW - It doesn't look like Benson will have any real value this year unless Jones gets hurt. I'd let him go. You could pick up Smith and probably start either him or Favre with confidence this week.