[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

texan homers

HoustonCougars

And to think they could have had homegrown hero Vince Young, and he could be turning their franchise around. Instead its another slap in the face, he is turning the franchise that left Houston around, who picked after Houston. Vince Young has shown he can beat Indy. What about mario Williams. Williams isnt even the best DE prospect after the first yr. Tamba hali, and Kiwanuka are both significantly better and they were taken later. Houston is the Texas Rangers of baseball. Completely Clueless when it comes to evaluating talent, and gives the talent they have, or could have had away, by passing on them for complete projects or reaches.

Meh....I'd rather have Carr than Young. Its not like Carr is as immobile as say a Drew Bledsoe. And Young has had a decent consistant running game to help take some pressure off of him. However, I did prefer Kiwi to Williams going into the draft, but probably wouldn't have taken either that high. I wouldn't say that they missed on Ryans though, would you? Or Andre Johnson. Or Domanick Davis for that matter. What talent are you suggesting that they gave away, exactly?

I think people underestimate how big the Boselli F.U. really set this team back. They thought they were getting one of the best there was and turned out to be a dud. They have not been able to find a consistant LT to fill that spot since.

And to think they could have had homegrown hero Vince Young, and he could be turning their franchise around. Instead its another slap in the face, he is turning the franchise that left Houston around, who picked after Houston. Vince Young has shown he can beat Indy. What about mario Williams. Williams isnt even the best DE prospect after the first yr. Tamba hali, and Kiwanuka are both significantly better and they were taken later. Houston is the Texas Rangers of baseball. Completely Clueless when it comes to evaluating talent, and gives the talent they have, or could have had away, by passing on them for complete projects or reaches.

:D

You do realize that in 12 games Williams has already outproduced what Strahan did in his first 2 complete seasons combined, don't you? I'd give it 2 more years before you declare Williams as a bust. H'e playing a position that many players require acclimation to deal with the size, strength, & speed of NFL caliber OTs. He very well could end up being more of an impact player than Bush, despite Bush vulturing 4 TDs this past weekend.

For every Peyton Manninng there is Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr......

And for every Brady there's 100 clipboard scout team nobodys.

This DMD article has an interesting graphic.