[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns have NFL's most germ ridden facility

Big Score 1

"BENTLEY DONE IN '07

Cleveland continues to get terrible news regarding the rash of staph infections that have affected the team over the past three years. Five players have suffered post-surgery infections during that time.

Now, one of those infections could cost prized center LeCharles Bentley another year. Bentley, who signed a six-year, $36 million contract which included a $12 million signing bonus in the offseason, tore his right patellar tendon on the opening day of training camp in July. He subsequently suffered a staph infection and spent more than a month in the hospital.

The infection not only cost Bentley time in his recovery, but he recently had a second surgery performed by Dr. Russ Warren in New York to clean out the knee and check the effect of the infection on the tendon. The news wasn't good, according to two sources.

The infection basically deteriorated the new tendon to the point that Bentley will require another surgery to repair the tendon. The surgery can't be done right away because Bentley's body still hasn't completely healed from the staph infection. Bentley will now likely wait until as late as he possibly can to have another surgery, which could be July or August, still giving him enough time to be ready for the 2008 season."

:D

This isn't surprising, strictly because they are Browns players. I am a Cowboys fan, but I am a Browns homer, so I am surrounded by Browns fans in my family. Where else have you seen such a rash of injuries compounded by staph infections?? For once the Browns seemed to make a good move by getting Bentley and now this?? They need to call in Earl to make a list and try to reverse their karma or something, every year it is something with this team, maybe by the time my daughter is in high school, they can field a healthy winning team, she is 2 now, so they have a few years to get their sh+t together. But the most puzzling thing is they have brought in medical consultants that say all the facilities are clean and they don't know where the staph could be coming from ????