[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League

3WZ

I'm wanting to start up a new local dynasty league, but don't know too much about how to run it. I've been playing fantasy football for about 5 years now, but have only done re-draft leagues. Could someone help me out with general rules for a dynasty league (roster spots, waiver process, draft process, ect.). I would prefer to make this an auction draft. It seems from reading the posts on this board that most dynasty drafts take place shortly after the NFL season, is this so you can have a rookie draft in the same year? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks!

There are so many variations that it can be hard to give you a good answer, as a lot of what you want to do will depend on how active your owners are, how complex you want to make it, how much of a year long dedication you want your owners to have to make, etc.

For starters, auction or draft.

Then you have to decide if you want to have separate veteran and rookie pools or not. I know many leagues do, however, the 4 dynasty leagues I have been involved with all have had just one player pool and owners would draft/bid for what they felt was the best available player.

As for draft timing, I would say it is a misconception that most leagues do it right after the NFL Draft. In USDA, we did, but in CORE (auction) and Huddled Masses (draft) we would usually not start until August (both online leagues, thus the early start)

Then you have to decide if you are going to have any limits on how long a player can be kept, either through the use of contract that go down a year each season, or with a set maximum on how long a player can be kept. In auction leagues, you can also have a hard salary cap that will create some turnover of players, particularly if you have a fixed or calculated salary adjustment each season.

I guess in order to truly help you, you would need to provide some of the basics of what it is you want the league to be, then those of us with experience can help you shape it from there with options, etc. from our experiences.

Here's our league charter:

TOCOL

You're welcome to use/take as much or as little as you like.

I can also provide links to the mfl.com site so you can see how the scoring works out for the past 5 years.

link to mfl.com top performers list '04-'06

link to mfl.com top performers list '02-'03