[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

roasting chicken

Dr. Sacrebleu

that sounds absolutely insane. I am tempted though.

Can you justify the use of mayonaise? (ie does it give a taste, or is it just cheap grease?)

I've coated turkeys headed into the deep fryer with a layer of mayo. It sounds bad, and looks worse but is like an extra layer of fat on the bird and makes it extra crispy. You need that oil pushing 400 though THEN let it taper down to the 350-375 range. That initial sear with the mayo layer is extra important.

that sounds absolutely insane. I am tempted though.

Can you justify the use of mayonaise? (ie does it give a taste, or is it just cheap grease?)

I don't know about birds, but I use a layer of mayo on very strong tasting fish like bluefish. It helps pull the strong fishy flavor out of the meat.

I like to roast mine on the grill with a can of beer shoved up it's azz-very tasty and tender. Rub the outside with your favorite seasonig, cut the top of the beer can pour out/drink half the beer and then put some seasoning and other spices in the leftover beer and this will evaporate and season the inside of the chicken to the outside-plus it's fun to do as well.

I've been reading all this ghey week at the huddle stuff... good timing with this little recipe twist.