[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals Falcons game

piratesownninjas

Harrington has looked pretty damn good. He's shown good presence in the pocket, bought time, looked off the safety...basically, all that you would ask of your QB. And, if White had actually held on to the ball that Harrington laid in his hands, Harrington would have 3 TD passes. That's not too bad for a guy who sucks. I know, I know...preseason. But, he is showing flashes.

You're asking way too much of White. He runs fast. Thats it.

. Bengals pass protection still looks out-of-sorts without the starting LT Jones and RT Anderson. Not sure if the Falcon D-line is that good or the backup Bengal OL is that bad. Still, they are having some success with Palmer to CJ.

. Norwood had a nice TD catch and run that was drown out by interviewing Mort. :D Why do they do they interview when the game is on? I mean honestly.

. Dunn is starting, but doesn't look very good. No power at all. Falcon run-blocking not very impressive either, but Dunn is getting arm tackled and thrown down like a rag doll.

-Without Jones and Anderson, Palmer was really getting knocked around.

-Jamaal Anderson looked good. Yes, he was not up against Cincy's starting tackle but Jamaal had a good game against guys he supposed to dominate being a top 10 pick. If he didn't get after the QB against Cincy's backup tackle then there would've been cause for concern.

-Wayne Gandy was like a revolving door in the first half. I counted 2 sacks he allowed and it wasn't just Harrington holding onto the rock too long. Gandy was dominated by Justin Smith. Among the sacks were probably a couple of hurries and about a half dozen blown running plays. Gandy looked outclassed... not good for the guy protecting Harrington's blind side.

-Dunn looked like the Dunn from the Bucs. No longer in a zone scheme, he looked vastly inferior trying to run between the tackles. I can see him being the 3rd down back but even then he'd have to stay healthy. That said, Norwood looked very comfortable out in space catching passes and he looked solid in pass protection.

EDIT:

-Joey had serious happy feet on more than a few plays. The one play that sticks out in my mind was the TD pass to Jennings. If you can find a clip you can see Joey approaching all-out panic before finding Jennings. I just hope he doesn't force too many ridiculous passes in that situation or gets his head knocked off.

-Both starting defenses look to have a LONG year ahead of them.

Edited by kingfish247