[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis/Betts timeshare

piratesownninjas

We grabbed Portis at 4.5 in WCOFF as our #2RB. At 3.8 T. Jones, R. Brown, and Cedric Benson were available. We had all 3 ranked higher, but took a chance and grabbed the last available Tier 2 WR in Driver as our #2 WR. 2 of the 4 teams behind us already had 3 RBs and we thought there was a good chance Jones, Brown, or Benson would fall back to us. Of course they went in the next three picks and we settled on Portis.

If, Portis stays healthy, this twist of fate may make us a better team anyways. If not, our #3 and #4 RBs are generally performing at the same level as Jones, Brown, and Benson through Week 2.

same sorta thing happened to me in one of my leagues. got alexander at 1.6, steve smith at 2.7....then roy williams was looking too pretty to pass on in round 3, and portis was still there in round 4, which made me very happy. was able to get betts a few rounds later. i was pretty happy with how that whole draft unfolded for me.

That was me & when you explained you'd heard it on ESPN I asked you...

...but you never answered. :D

Could you answer this time perhaps?

Once again... It can not be verified because Gibbs himself said it on television. If you dont like the posting then dont pay attention to it. But it the first two games it seems that the way things are going, right ? Or do you want to argue that also ??

Once again... It can not be verified because Gibbs himself said it on television. If you dont like the posting then dont pay attention to it. But it the first two games it seems that the way things are going, right ? Or do you want to argue that also ??

Ease up there good buddy. No need to get so defensive, as I'm not arguing with you. :D

I simply asked if you had a link & when you explained you didn't, because you saw it on ESPN, all I did was ask if you heard those words coming out of Gibbs mouth from an interview you saw, or if it was one of ESPN's talking heads saying that Gibbs said that.

Thanks for clarifying that you specifically heard Gibbs say that during an interview. :D