[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a Commish question....

Avernus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahah nope...the fact is that he offered nothing here....

Fair enough. I hate that too. Not saying whether the first guy added anything or not... just that I'm with you in disliking Add Nothing posts.

the point has been made, but people want to start namecalling and kicking....so I am not going to say "okay, I stink"....don't start getting all pissy because I'm going to say something back...

Eh. Artie Lange quote wasn't supposed to be taken as some kind of deadly personal attack escalation. Just trying to be funny and flush out any other Howard Stern fans that might be lurking about. Obviously, it didn't work. :D

I totally meant it this morning when I said you seemed pretty prickly about the whole thing to me... but that and your reply to me ain't Blood Feud material in my book. Just another day on teh internets.

My only question is why would they accept just Moss? Why wouldn't the other owner thrown in whoever thye felt was needless/worthless?

He obviously can't keep that many players so instead of dumping em, trade em back. Makes no sense to me, especially for the guy trading 5 players or however many it was. Other than that, I think the trade should have went through.

My thinking is they wanted it to look like the owner was giving up plenty for Moss...but, who really knows.

It doesn't really matter.

You know what guys? It's pretty apparent that Avernus is on an island here, even though he chose to bring this situation up for opinion and critique. But it changes nothing about how he runs his league. We may not like it, but there's no point in continuing, unless we are in that league and were affected by his decision.

He's been a good member of this community for a while now...when this issue blows over, he still will be. Let's keep the comments related to the issue at hand and not make them personal, OK? THAT's the crap which will linger...

Skewer me if you want to for writing this but really...what's the point of laying it all on when nothing will change and none of us are affected by it?

Wolf,

He brought it in here & didn't get what he was looking for.....proof it was a bogus trade. I really think he wasn't sure vetoing it was the right thing to do. Nor do I think he thought the feedback would be so one sided.

What really bothered me was he was so adamant it was a terrible trade & those who didn't agree were clueless. Why ask then?

Just thought the large font might get through to him....nothing else did.

He may be a long standing huddler & great guy(I don't know). But, doesn't seem to be a very good Commissioner.

However, I sure have no bad feelings towards him.

Correct Turf Boy. I agree - I think Avernus was looking for support and when he did not get it...it may have shaken his mindset a bit (not that he would admit to it). Ultimately though, he got what he wanted and the originally owner of Moss got one less player in the deal - the currently white hot Wes Welker. If I were the original Moss owner I'd be a bit upset too. I guess he was happy enough with the deal to alter his offer, but still - kind of like going to a bank to exchange currency but having the teller short you on purpose because they felt the exchange rate wasn't fair.

Oh well, maybe Avernus has learned a lesson OR more likely...he has learned that he can flex his commish muscle however he sees fit.

KO'd

Helping someone out doesn't necessarily have to mean collussion between owners. I just don't see how either owner got "helped". The guy getting Moss wanted to give up lots to get one player and the guy trading Moss needed a lot of help (bad QB's, weak at RB etc) and he was getting that through the original offer. Saying he "helped" him out could simply mean he helped him out by making the trade to begin with.

KO'd

Even though it was a absolutely horrible trade and the guy getting Moss got raped ,unless you know it is collusion you have to let it go.

That being said..did you say he admitted to helping the guy out? if so that equals collusion and you and your league should veto it.

But unless I misread it,that would mean the 3-3 person was helping out the 4-2 person which doesnt make sense to me.