[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Omelet

devilwoman

For something different, I like to saute whatever I am putting in the omelet and then add the eggs. After doing what Det describes I throw in my cheese and finish open faced under the broiler... add some spaghetti or some pasta in the beginning and you've got a great Italian frittata!! mmmmmmmmmmmm....

For something different, I like to saute whatever I am putting in the omelet and then add the eggs. After doing what Det describes I throw in my cheese and finish open faced under the broiler... add some spaghetti or some pasta in the beginning and you've got a great Italian frittata!! mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Something you might want to try. Saute whatever you're putting in and then add that to the eggs in the bowl you beat the eggs in rather than the other way around. Then wipe the pan clean and start with fresh oil. Your frittata will be less inclined to stick and the eggs will better surround the goodies.

doing many omelette stations, i've done them different ways. prob my favorite is when someone requests ham or bacon...i'll start those in the pan and use their fat to get started on the veggies requested...add a little clarified if needed.... then put the eggs in the pan. use the rubber spat on the edges to let it coagulate...... sometimes i put the cheese on the undone side then flip it, finish and fold onto the plate. or i will flip then add cheese then fold..prob with that is you can brown it without melting the cheese.

det is correct.. omelettes should not have color... my preference is to get a little on there when i cook them for myself.