[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rose Bowl USC vs Illinois

GWPFFL BrianW

Hehehe, nice try ohio. Carroll admits to an error in judgement in (what we fans call) 'The Thumb Fiasco' - a rare lapse. We can play this one too - what team did your team lose to again? The latest Big10 Rose bowl loser? How nice for you...

Yep, we did lose ONCE, to the #13 team, but we didn't lose TWICE to unrankded teams either :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the problems that Illinois faced, and why I knew this was gonna be a blow out, was they were going into that game emotionally high, and too excited to be there. USC has been there before, and when you give a coach like Pete Carroll a month to prepare, it spells doom. That is why I wanted so badly for Ohio State not to get into the national title game, because I felt that an Ohio State-USC match up would have been great, because Jim Tressell would not have his players overly excited. He'd have a business-like approach, much the same way Pete Carroll does. It's a learning experience, and the future is bright for the Illini.

Yep, we did lose ONCE, to the #13 team, but we didn't lose TWICE to unrankded teams either :D

Whatever, ohio. IMHO, the Buckeyes would've lost to the highly ranked Dixon-led Ducks (at that time) too, esp. if you were without your QB1 like we were. But I'm sure you'll disagree, so...whatever....

Whatever, ohio. IMHO, the Buckeyes would've lost to the highly ranked Dixon-led Ducks (at that time) too, esp. if you were without your QB1 like we were. But I'm sure you'll disagree, so...whatever....

We'll never know and the facts is all we're left with. OSU 1 loss and USC 2 loss . There is nothing else to compare them by, aside of that. If we start down the road of who beat who, and who did they beat, then both teams should have lost to Tenn Chat Jr College. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

We'll never know and the facts is all we're left with. OSU 1 loss and USC 2 loss . There is nothing else to compare them by, aside of that. If we start down the road of who beat who, and who did they beat, then both teams should have lost to Tenn Chat Jr College. :D

Now this is interesting - you sound like a BCS computer. Which is why - outside of a playoff - you need voters to add some of the 'fuzzy logic' (home vs. away, major injuries, point spread up to a point, etc.) to balance out the overly simplistic formulas. How/when/why/where/vs.whom you win or lose DOES matter. But I'm sure you'll disagree, so again....whatever....

And I still give you props for setting up this year's college bowl pick'em. So we're cool....