[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*Rumor* S Alexander to be cut today by Hawks

bigbadwolf

Except that Shaun can't pass block or catch passes.

I'll bet that he can do both a lot better than Kenton Keith. Plus...

2001: 44 rec, 343 yds

2002: 59 rec, 460 yds

2003: 42 rec, 295 yds

Looks like he did pretty well back when he was getting the opportunities.

Guest Chappy

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6768

Alexander to Visit Cincy

The agent for RB Shaun Alexander said Thursday that his client is scheduled to visit the Bengals on Monday, but Jim Steiner stressed the visit is "very preliminary." "Shaun wants to get an idea how the Bengals would use him and I'm sure the Bengals would like to talk to him," Steiner said. "But there is interest on both sides."

After the way Alexander ran in '07, it is unlikely that he has any gas left in the tank for fantasy owners to get excited. Rudi Johnson is the odds on favorite to be the starting RB in Cincinnati in '08.

| May 01, 2008 2:57 PM

I'll bet that he can do both a lot better than Kenton Keith. Plus...

2001: 44 rec, 343 yds

2002: 59 rec, 460 yds

2003: 42 rec, 295 yds

Looks like he did pretty well back when he was getting the opportunities.

:wacko:

Alexander is DONE catching the ball out of the backfield, solid stats from 5 YEARS AGO tho :D

:D

Alexander is DONE catching the ball out of the backfield, solid stats from 5 YEARS AGO tho :D

How is he "done" catching the ball out of the backfield? Did his hands get run over by a bus yesterday?

Did you ever consider that Seattle's offense may have changed somewhat over the past five years? Might that explain why Alexander's receiving numbers began declining in 2003, yet he still managed to win the League MVP two years later with only 15 receptions? :wacko:

I wouldnt write off Alexander until he sucks with a different team. You never know with him because hes a me-first player who may have TRIED to make this cut happen intentionally with poor play.

:wacko:

How is he "done" catching the ball out of the backfield? Did his hands get run over by a bus yesterday?

Did you ever consider that Seattle's offense may have changed somewhat over the past five years? Might that explain why Alexander's receiving numbers began declining in 2003, yet he still managed to win the League MVP two years later with only 15 receptions? :wacko:

Shaun quit trying to catch the ball years ago. He wants no part of it. Rather than catch a swing pass and make a move on an oncoming DB, he makes a feeble attempt at catching the ball and jogs back to the huddle. He even drops the ball when he is wide open. This one isn't about any stats, all you have to do is watch a Seahawks game...and don't even get me started on the pass blocking. Put it this way, do you really think Holmgren envisioned Mack Strong as his 3rd down back?? He challenged Shaun several times to become a part of the passing game and that seemed to just make his play uglier and uglier on passing downs, to the point that he had to be replaced. Since Morris doesn't block either, he had to go to Mack Strong.

Shaun most likely will not contribute to any team ever again. If he does..it surely won't be in the passing game.

Shaun quit trying to catch the ball years ago. He wants no part of it. Rather than catch a swing pass and make a move on an oncoming DB, he makes a feeble attempt at catching the ball and jogs back to the huddle. He even drops the ball when he is wide open. This one isn't about any stats, all you have to do is watch a Seahawks game...and don't even get me started on the pass blocking. Put it this way, do you really think Holmgren envisioned Mack Strong as his 3rd down back?? He challenged Shaun several times to become a part of the passing game and that seemed to just make his play uglier and uglier on passing downs, to the point that he had to be replaced. Since Morris doesn't block either, he had to go to Mack Strong.

Shaun most likely will not contribute to any team ever again. If he does..it surely won't be in the passing game.

Since I don't watch the Seahawks on a regular basis, I guess I'll take your word for it. It sounds like Alexander is a lot like Keith, but it seems more like a motivation issue than a skill issue. I remember reading an article in ESPN the Mag back in '03 or '04 where Holmgren voiced his displeasure with Alexander's lack of desire to push himself, so I can't say that your comments surprise me.