[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander

JimBeam

Imagine all the poor souls who drafted him high last year.

Last year in my local dynasty, a rookie owner traded the #1 pick (AD) for local hero Shaun Alexander, to the guy that already had LT, Portis, Moss & Fitz. I had the second best team. Call me a quitter, but I didn't want to wait 7 years to be competetive.

I'm gonna miss Shaun, I made boatloads on him the last two seasons.

With every passing day, I fear he has come closer and closer to being forced to retire. He still has Henry and Benson in front of him in line (maybe Dayne?). CFL is not an option for a guy with such a big ego. I would say from this date forward, he has one month. If he isn't signed by about the second week of the regular season he will be officially done. Better question.....HOF???

Edited by Seahawks21

:D

you must have had some pretty good players besides alexander because he didn't do squat the last 2 seasons. :D

Except collect paychecks. Too bad the fans can't sue him. :wacko: Well they probably could. This is America.

It appears S.Alexander has been blackballed by the league this year. Just look at the Texans - they have A.Green (whose legs are about to fall off) and Fragile C.Brown at the top of their depth charts backed by S.Slaton. Are you kidding me - S.Alexander isn't worth signing to compete for the starting role on that roster?

Talk about a huge fall from grace. Sure he is older now, but this guy forgot how to run hard and play hard and it cost him his career.

Edited by SpinalTapp

It appears S.Alexander has been blackballed by the league this year. Just look at the Texans - they have A.Green (whose legs are about to fall off) and Fragile C.Brown at the top of their depth charts backed by S.Slaton. Are you kidding me - S.Alexander isn't worth signing to compete for the starting role on that roster?

Talk about a huge fall from grace. Sure he is older now, but this guy forgot how to run hard and play hard and it cost him his career.

When did he ever run hard and play hard? Even when successful, that wasn't his style. He ran behind arguably the best O-Line in the NFL, in a system that made defenses play the pass before the run. He had the easiest job imaginable. My whole thing with Shaun was that he had the born ability to run for 2,500 yards in that offense that he was in, and never went after something like that. I don't think there is any kind of blackballing, but defenders would joke Shaun's last few years here that a stiff breeze would knock him over. Coaches don't need a player that soft infecting their team.