[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I handle this league issue ?

MGNJ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK......now I'm dying to know......LOL. We don't know your scoring system or his opponents lineup.

Did he win his match? Numbers look pretty tough. DeAngelo lit it up......but I'm not sure a lot of people would have played him in this matchup given his previous performance in TB this year.

Hill DID outshoot Brees a little....but had an INT.

Bryant and Marshall.....Whew!

And the Ravens' D!!

UPDATE please. :wacko:

There is another angle to this whole thread that I haven't yet seen. If this #1 team owner is willing to "tank" by putting in his B line-up, it appears that the result of a successful tanking would mean he'd play his friend again in the first week of the playoffs. If someone is willing to do that, how do we know that they don't have some sort of agreement which says "I'll tank for you, but if you beat me in the first round of the playoffs, we split the prize money". Obviously this can't be proven, but the fact that one of these two teams will be guaranteed a shot at the championship makes it real sketchy to make this move. Since the guy is out of state and has been a pain in the butt anyway, I think it would make sense not to invite him back next year.

This weeks line-up:

S Hill SF v NYJ

R. Brown RB MIA

W. Dunn RB TB

A. Bryant WR TB

B. Marshall WR

E. Royal WR DEN

J. Elam K ATL

Ravens DST BAL

On his bench;

D Brees vs ATL

J. Addai RB IND

C. Johnson RB TEN

D. Williams RB CAR

A. Boldin WR ARI

R. White WR ATL

Ok, I compared the scores of the players listed as on his bench with the scores of the players he started, not counting the K & D since neither of those positions were listed on the bench.

He DID tank :D his bench outscored his starters 104.9 - 97.65, according to my league scoring anyway. 7 points is HUGH.

Of his starters he had 3 players score 20 or more points and when compared to having 3 players on his bench having 20 or more points then it becomes obvious that he was tanking by sitting all of his high scoring players. :D

I wonder if he won anyway? :wacko:

i think he has the right to play any players he wants. he is in first place and maybe he is making a smart move. he could be trying to get a weaker team in the playoffs to make it easier for him to win in the end.

there are much more strategic ways at playing fantasy football than simply setting your lineup every week.