[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do fantasy owners hate week 17?

FishFreak

Taking a trip in the way back machine...the folks from PnH used to have a week 17 tilt against the folks from another BOTH league. Teams were matched by their finish in each league (1s play 1s, etc.) I don't recall there being much more than bragging rights to it, but it was fun.

I started a league in 1990 and we have used week 17 to crown our champion every year. I would prefer not to play week 17 but when you have 12 teams you need 14 weeks for the regular season (8 games vs non div and 6 div games) also unless you want only 4 playoff teams you need weeks 15-16-17. We mirror the NFL going top 2 div winners byes 3rd div winner vs WC 3, WC 1 vs WC2.

I really hope the NFL adds another game for the international sites that would be perfect then the season could end week 17 and week 18 could be for the pro bowl or whatever.

we have 12 teams broken into 4, 3 team divisions. We play division opponents twice and every other team in the league once. That = a 13 week regular season.

we take 6 teams to the playoffs, 4 division winners + best 2nd place team from each conference with the Best record in each conference getting a 1st rd bye.

playoffs are weeks 14, 15 & week 16 is the championship game.

Week 17 is our Pro Bowl.

We mirror the NFL too.

It's not just people being rested for playoffs week 17 it's also bad teams seeing what they have for the next season and studs from bad teams shutting it down due to minor dings and what not. Why would you even want to have to try and scrap a team together for your CHAMPIONSHIP week. That is just stupid to have what got you there possibly not be an option for you PERIOD! It would be a mockery to what you drafted waivered and fought for the whole year. You are in the minority by a landslide in this one :wacko: