[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My local league needs a little somethin'

bigrocks

After running my local for 8 seasons, I realize our league is fairly dumbed down. There is very little separating the coaches who know what they are doing from those who just wing it. We have a cool league, but it strikes me new coaches seem to win all the championships. If it just happened once or twice I would think it coincidence, but we may likely have our 3rd rookie coach in as many years win the title. That’s more than coincidence – it tells me luck, beginners or otherwise, carries an inordinate amount of weight.

I’ve been thinking about ways to step it up a notch; e.g. Point Per Reception or Carry increases the scoring, but not necessarily the competiveness. IDP increases the difficulty significantly over using Team Defenses, but to a point we would probably lose some coaches interest since there’s an additional 3 or 4 roster spots they have to manage. A Total Points league rewards the best coaches/teams, but removes almost all semblance of rivalry between teams since they aren’t matched up against each other.

The All Play each week seems an interesting option as it rewards good teams while keeping some team versus team rivalry going.

I’m searching for feedback and/or suggestions….

If you've got all that in place, not sure adding PPR wil separate the men from the boys. Add teams. It's a lot easier for a casual player to dominate a small league because there are always strong players available. Boost it to a 24 team league and only the insightful will be able to scrape together a team.

Either that, or just focus on recruiting suckier new owners.