[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Freeman

Rovers

Every player ever drafted in the first round is drafted there because the team drafting them thinks they can be a "top five player at their position" type of guy.

Freeman is no different.

Using that as a criteria means there are lots of first round disappointments; Freeman may[/u[ be this type of a disappointment.

Jury is still out (and will be for a couple of seasons).

Every player ever drafted in the first round is drafted there because the team drafting them thinks they can be a "top five player at their position" type of guy.

Freeman is no different.

Using that as a criteria means there are lots of first round disappointments; Freeman may[/u[ be this type of a disappointment.

Jury is still out (and will be for a couple of seasons).

Yup... but it is the game people sign up for when they join a dynasty league. Trade for a Freeman now? What's he worth? Or a Sanchez? Freeman was cheaper last week in a dynasty league than he is this week. Dynasty leagues are a different animal. Like NFL teams, you draft on projections, hope, and a myriad of other considerations. Dynasty league players have one advantage over NFL teams. Situation. I don't care who the Raiders draft, until Al dies, that is and will remain a bad situation.

I watched a lot of Freeman in college and I've never liked the kid that much. I don't care about the $100 arm because I think he has a 10 cent brain. Sanchez looked like a phenom rookie through the first several weeks and has been brought down to reality. The high expectations and then swift let down of Stafford and Sanchez types may have made Rovers statement seem like uber-hyperbole. I think it's just a little early to say that he has the weapons to potentially be anything. Not that long ago Jamarcus Russell was supposed to be the new super QB with his size, height, and strength of arm. I don't have any dynasty leagues but I assume with a large enough roster I'd take any first round QB and try to stash them to see if they pan out. I think they average about a 50/50 chance of being a quality NFL starter so you never know. Winslow has talent but trouble staying healthy. Bryant doesn't feel like he is going to be a long term stud at WR. New coach and questionable roster (Ward/Caddy at RB). There is a lot to not like about Tampa Bay's situation. I guess (to quote Rat's article) it's a matter of patience. If you feel you have 2 to 3 years to hold onto the guy, than he might be worth it. Again, it'll just depend on people's roster. :wacko:

I watched a lot of Freeman in college and I've never liked the kid that much. I don't care about the $100 arm because I think he has a 10 cent brain. Sanchez looked like a phenom rookie through the first several weeks and has been brought down to reality. The high expectations and then swift let down of Stafford and Sanchez types may have made Rovers statement seem like uber-hyperbole. I think it's just a little early to say that he has the weapons to potentially be anything. Not that long ago Jamarcus Russell was supposed to be the new super QB with his size, height, and strength of arm. I don't have any dynasty leagues but I assume with a large enough roster I'd take any first round QB and try to stash them to see if they pan out. I think they average about a 50/50 chance of being a quality NFL starter so you never know. Winslow has talent but trouble staying healthy. Bryant doesn't feel like he is going to be a long term stud at WR. New coach and questionable roster (Ward/Caddy at RB). There is a lot to not like about Tampa Bay's situation. I guess (to quote Rat's article) it's a matter of patience. If you feel you have 2 to 3 years to hold onto the guy, than he might be worth it. Again, it'll just depend on people's roster. :wacko:

The point of starting this thread was to get more info on Freeman. As a dynasty league player, I am always looking for that "potential". You don't have to tell me about Sanchez. I still have my doubts about him long term. I had those doubts when my team drafted him, I still do.

I just saw highlights on the NFL RZ channel, and WAS wowed. In dynasty leagues, I look for what players could be the next studs 3, 5 years down the road. I saw little of Freeman in college. I saw enough of Russell to rule him out. Uber-hyperbole? LOL, OK, if that's what you want top call it.

I'm eyeballing him in 2 dynasty leagues, trying to decide if I want to invest.

In 1 league, I have Ryan, Sanchez, and Alex Smith. Freeman > Smith, hmmmmmmmm, possibly

In another league, I have Ryan & Stafford, but I can add Freeman & drop a DST (either the Jets or Bangles).

Got until tonight to decide.

I just saw highlights on the NFL RZ channel, and WAS wowed. In dynasty leagues, I look for what players could be the next studs 3, 5 years down the road. Uber-hyperbole? LOL, OK, if that's what you want to call it.

I could think of worse names for it :wacko:. Seeing 4-5 highlights of a player and typing on an FF board

I think he has the potential to be a top five NFL QB for a long time down the road.
is asking for someone to start calling you names and make fun of your "analysis". You can laugh at what I wrote but I was trying to put people's reactions into some context as the two big QBs that went before Freeman have had some major ups and downs. But I would agree with some others that you were grossly exaggerating his potential off such a small sample size against a GB team that seems to be collapsing. He may end up being good, but it'll take awhile before I'll be convinced that he can even be a mid level QB. He has only completed 16 of 35 passes in the NFL and he played for a bad Kansas State team (so bad their coach was fired) that couldn't play defense so they were usually throwing from behind.