[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scoring Help

We have been playing with IDP for a few years and want to change things up a bit. I am looking for recenmodations for lineup and scoring.

Currently we start 1 DE/DL, 1 LB, 2 CB/S

Scoring is as follows:

Forced Fumbles 1 point each

Interceptions Caught 3 points each

Interception Return Yards .1 point for every 1 yard

Interception Return Yards 5

Interception Return Yards 10

Passes Defensed 1 point each Test

Blocked Field Goals 2 points each

Blocked Extra Points 2 points each

Tackles 0-99 .5 points each

Tackles 10-20 5

Sacked a QB 2 points each

Safeties 2 points each

Thanks BB. I did read that post and your write was really good. That is what I am facing right now. I know that I was to make the IDP more important than what they are. Our scoring system is off and really needs to be tweaked. The cb/s can get too many points is they happen to return an int for a long td. Also the only time the lbs are relevant is if they hit the 10 tackle mark which in most cases its hard to do.

I already suggested to the commish to add another lb and maybe a dl. I also suggested to make tackles 1 point, asst tackles .5, and remove the 10 tackle bonus. Also to add in the asst sack for 1 point.

I have seven def. starters and eight off. starters in both of my IDP dynasty leagues. The scoring is hard to equal out at the very top, but overall is balanced well. It would be tough to get Willis's #'s to match those of Chris Johnson or Aaron Rodgers numbers for 2009. The top linebacker is usually equal to around the 3rd or 4th rb in these leagues. My leagues start 2 DE/DL, 3 LB's, and 2 CB/S. If you can talk others in your league to increase the depth and scoring for your IDP players to balance the players on offense you'll enjoy a more realistic FF league IMO. I would try to get rid of the points for int. ret. yardage to help balance out the scoring between lb/de/cb positions and lower or do away with the bonuses.

Thanks BB. I did read that post and your write was really good. That is what I am facing right now. I know that I was to make the IDP more important than what they are. Our scoring system is off and really needs to be tweaked. The cb/s can get too many points is they happen to return an int for a long td. Also the only time the lbs are relevant is if they hit the 10 tackle mark which in most cases its hard to do.

I already suggested to the commish to add another lb and maybe a dl. I also suggested to make tackles 1 point, asst tackles .5, and remove the 10 tackle bonus. Also to add in the asst sack for 1 point.

Okay, since you start so few IDPs, I have to assume that the only way they will have any meaning at all in your league is to equate them with the upper O skill positions. Otherwise they'll just end up being lesser roster contributors than Ks.

Your league needs to go big. That means you ought to be looking at scoring like 2 to 2.4 points per tackle and 1 to 1.2 points per assist. Bump up sacks to about 3 to 4 points per half sack, and I think you might start seeing IDPs making an impact. Give that a test run and see what you think about how IDPs look in comparison.

Okay, since you start so few IDPs, I have to assume that the only way they will have any meaning at all in your league is to equate them with the upper O skill positions. Otherwise they'll just end up being lesser roster contributors than Ks.

Your league needs to go big. That means you ought to be looking at scoring like 2 to 2.4 points per tackle and 1 to 1.2 points per assist. Bump up sacks to about 3 to 4 points per half sack, and I think you might start seeing IDPs making an impact. Give that a test run and see what you think about how IDPs look in comparison.

I love that idea. The commish sent my suggetions out to some others in the league and its getting shot down. They dont want to add anymore IDP. I am asking for at least one more. Maybe a flex. I should be able to at least get them to remove the return yardage and make tackles a full point rather than a half. I also think they will add in the assist tackles.

I love that idea. The commish sent my suggetions out to some others in the league and its getting shot down. They dont want to add anymore IDP. I am asking for at least one more. Maybe a flex. I should be able to at least get them to remove the return yardage and make tackles a full point rather than a half. I also think they will add in the assist tackles.

This doesn't surprise me in the least that you are getting significant resistance. This is exactly what I was talking about when leagues use IDPs in an unthinking half-ass manner. The IDPs just become an afterthought and don't impact the league much, and then you get league members who really want to make an honest effort at incorporating IDPs vs those who think they can prove that using IDPs is stupid, given their experience so far. To be honest, the anti-IDPers have a pretty good argument

I sympathize with you, and hope it works out for the best, but given your situation I wonder how much hope there is. If you can't sway these guys, I would strongly suggest that you consider getting on board with a serious IDP league. Once you've experienced it full blast, you'll wonder why you were ever playing in tean D or leagues like the one you describe above that have no desire to take IDPs seriously.

Edited by Bronco Billy

This doesn't surprise me in the least that you are getting significant resistance. This is exactly what I was talking about when leagues use IDPs in an unthinking half-ass manner. The IDPs just become an afterthought and don't impact the league much, and then you get league members who really want to make an honest effort at incorporating IDPs vs those who think they can prove that using IDPs is stupid, given their experience so far. To be honest, the anti-IDPers have a pretty good argument

I sympathize with you, and hope it works out for the best, but given your situation I wonder how much hope there is. If you can't sway these guys, I would strongly suggest that you consider getting on board with a serious IDP league. Once you've experienced it full blast, you'll wonder why you were ever playing in tean D or leagues like the one you describe above that have no desire to take IDPs seriously.

your right, BB. our leagues def points approach 50%....pretty good considering one less starter((kicker))

you may have to tweak the scoring a little over time.