[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frozen Raw Shrimp Question

Puddy

So I took two bags of frozen shrimp out of the freezer Friday night and put into the refrigerator to thaw by today with plans of cooking them. They were definitely thawed out today. I'd like to wait until tomorrow evening to cook them. Will they still be good?

So I took two bags of frozen shrimp out of the freezer Friday night and put into the refrigerator to thaw by today with plans of cooking them. They were definitely thawed out today. I'd like to wait until tomorrow evening to cook them. Will they still be good?

If they weren't old before they were frozen, you should have no trouble. But yes, the nose knows.

If they weren't old before they were frozen, you should have no trouble. But yes, the nose knows.

yep.

and....... just some butter and cajun seasoning, on skewers. you'll be loving life.

yep.

and....... just some butter and cajun seasoning, on skewers. you'll be loving life.

I made some garlic butter tonight in preparation of tomorrow's meal.

one pound unsalted butter

1/4 pound minced garlic

1/3 c soy sauce

I'm going for the Benihana experience at home tomorrow. Making homemade fried rice to go with the shrimp and chicken I bought.

I'll update how well it turns out. I'm cooking using safflower oil for the first time and will be making everything with garlic butter just like those mofo's do.

I just noticed you are in Detroit and probably don't get much shrimp...

shrimp take 10 minutes in the sink to thaw out. I would not thaw them out until i am ready to cook them. they are frozen at the fishery (detroit may have to buy farm raised) to keep them fresh until they hit the fire. be sure you wash yours, they may be a little slimier.

personally, I go toward ziachild's house and get them boiled fresh by an old friend who 'hooks me up' with some extra crab and shrimp. they do crawfish but i get burned out on those by march 30th. of course, i used to only buy gulf shrimp, but that is whacked out now, thanks to the spill.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I just noticed you are in Detroit and probably don't get much shrimp...

shrimp take 10 minutes in the sink to thaw out. I would not thaw them out until i am ready to cook them. they are frozen at the fishery (detroit may have to buy farm raised) to keep them fresh until they hit the fire. be sure you wash yours, they may be a little slimier.

personally, I go toward ziachild's house and get them boiled fresh by an old friend who 'hooks me up' with some extra crab and shrimp. they do crawfish but i get burned out on those by march 30th. of course, i used to only buy gulf shrimp, but that is whacked out now, thanks to the spill.

he's in michigan, not the moon :wacko:

hey dmarc, if he is thawing out shrimp any sooner than right before you cook them, then you gotta wonder how often he sees a shrimp LOL.

No offense to the great state of Michigan. Speaking of Michigan, I noticed that since the spill in the gulf, that there have been alot of commercials for tourism in Michigan. Maybe us Texans will come up and return some of that snowbird money. LOL.

hey dmarc, if he is thawing out shrimp any sooner than right before you cook them, then you gotta wonder how often he sees a shrimp LOL.

Fair enough. And to be honest I don't normally cook shrimp at home. I've usually bought the cocktail variety for home and eat shrimp in restaurants.

No offense to the great state of Michigan. Speaking of Michigan, I noticed that since the spill in the gulf, that there have been alot of commercials for tourism in Michigan. Maybe us Texans will come up and return some of that snowbird money. LOL.

i hear ya. just pulling yer chain.