[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houshmandzadeh a Raven

burton

I gota disagree with you here.

Housh is a big upgrade over Clayton, who was barely servicable as a deep threat for the Ravens. Housh is a very solid possession receiver, and can work as the #2 or out of slot.

Agree with your disagree. Owning Flacco and Boldin/Housh, I love it. He could have been a Raider which would have been horrible news. If he's looking for a contract next year, he has to do something this year. Mason is old and has sure hands, but this is where Housh fits in IMO. It helps the Ravens, and if he wants a contract next year he has to simma down and earn it. If nothing else, it gives Flacco a big up.

To me the biggest winner on paper BY FAR is Flacco.

How many QB's have better weapons now? Not more than a handful tops.

Boldin, Mason, TJ, Heap, Rice, Stall when he comes back.

That is A LOT of weapons for him to use.

I don't think it is close. The biggest winner by far in this signing is Flacco.

With all thee moves you have to think Balt passes more AND with Rice in the backfield teams can't key on the pass, so if he is up to it he could have a real big year. Like 4 K and close to 28-30 TD's IMO.

To me the biggest winner on paper BY FAR is Flacco.

How many QB's have better weapons now? Not more than a handful tops.

Boldin, Mason, TJ, Heap, Rice, Stall when he comes back.

That is A LOT of weapons for him to use.

I don't think it is close. The biggest winner by far in this signing is Flacco.

With all thee moves you have to think Balt passes more AND with Rice in the backfield teams can't key on the pass, so if he is up to it he could have a real big year. Like 4 K and close to 28-30 TD's IMO.

Exactly.

It's also interesting they kept an injured Stallworth over Clayton.

1. I don't think it is fair to say it was a 1 to 1 choice between Clayton and Stall. I'm sure Clayton wanted to play, not be the 4th or 5th option in Balt. And Balt I'm sure wanted to give the kid a shot considering he had no value to them anymore right now. And with Stall hurt what else could they have done with him? Just cut him 3 months after signing him. Think it was more that than them saying we rather have Stall than Clayton (although that may have factored in as well).

2. If Flacco doesn't go 4 K and 27 or 28 TD's with this cast of players I think he may never be more than a middle of the road QB. Unless he is hurt or Balt runs like 55%-60% of the time even with these weapons (which I don't see) it would be hard for Flacco not to be successful unless he is just not that good IMO. We shall see.

Edited by giantsfan