[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blount FINALLY numero uno?

cre8tiff

I would think so, but...

Bucs OC Greg Olson said the coaching staff has discussed getting Earnest Graham more involved in short-yardage plays.

Graham did have a short touchdown in Sunday's game, but it was of the unconventional variety as a two-yard, halfback pass. Graham has been involved very little on offense in the second half of the season. Him getting some short-yardage opportunities won't be enough to make him a fantasy option, but it would hurt LeGarrette Blount if the rookie gets some goal-line chances taken away. Blount has had some problems on 3rd-and-1 this season.

So, he may get yanked at an inopportune moment but he's still their best RB at this point.

It was very comforting as a Blount owner to see him have a solid game against a decent defensive opponent. Prior to this game his 2 big games were against the Cardinals and the Panthers, who sport run defenses ranked somewheres around 27th and 28th in the league. Against some defenses ranked around 10 through 15, he had put up some fairly pedestrian fnatasy numbers, until yesterday, when he put up 16+ fantasy points against the 8th ranked Falcons.

I think he is the main guy and has been for several weeks now. The one thing that could hurt his fantasy valuue on any given game day is if the Bucs fall behind, as they do not seem to view him as a viable receiving threat (only 2 receptions all year, for 9 yards), whereas I think they still like Caddy in that role.

Don't know what to make of the Graham tidbit, firt I heard of that. Blount is 6'0" 247 pounds, you'd think he would be their best short yardage option.

Blount barely got a breather vs. Atlanta, man he just looks like a more complete pro every time I see him. It seems Raheem Morris is a big believer. Big believer. That's all Blount needs.

Week 14 at Washington

Week 15 vs Detroit

Week 16 vs Seattle

:wacko:

Yeah, and I think the play that sticks in Olson and Morris' minds in the film room is the 4th and goal at Atlanta a few weeks ago. Blount could have won the game but he stutter-stepped, and Atlanta LB penetrated in that milli-second. Still, I don't think Graham's gonna dent Blount much... these days a 20-carry guy like Blount is hard to bench in fantasy, especially with that drooling schedule.

Edited by JUMbotron