[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 DRAFT: players, positions you think teams should or will take

BeeR

I think Eagles will move a QB, but not DJax....they'll just replenish the QB position because moving Vick or Kolb could improve the team way too much not to do it....

Add Kolb to the list that already includes Volek of current back-ups I would much rather SF trade for or sign than go after the position with a high pick in the draft.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Kolb to the list that already includes Volek of current back-ups I would much rather SF trade for or sign than go after the position with a high pick in the draft.

exactly, and then you would only pay probably a 2nd and maybe a 3rd from 2012 instead of a 1st because even though we are probably looking for a 1st for Kolb, the 49ers spot is far too high unless Eagles threw in their 1st as well....

while the niners still have a high pick that you can spend elsewhere....

exactly, and then you would only pay probably a 2nd and maybe a 3rd from 2012 instead of a 1st because even though we are probably looking for a 1st for Kolb, the 49ers spot is far too high unless Eagles threw in their 1st as well....

while the niners still have a high pick that you can spend elsewhere....

It's funny, I was half prepared to come in and say that a first seems high for him since they used one of the last picks in the round for him and he's had little chance to prove himself. Then again, he's looked like he at least belongs and has had the luxury of learning the game at the pro level. I mean, would you rather spend even a somewhat high pick on a guy like Mallette or Locker or the kid from Mizzou whom you have no better reason to expect greatness from and who hasn't spent anytime at all in the bigs, or for a guy who's basically ready to go?

Neither way is a sure thing, but at least you're not going to have to waste 3 years trying to figure out whether Kolb is your guy or not. He'll either be an impact player within the first year or you've got the wrong guy.

Carolina

Denver

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Arizona

Cleveland

San Francisco

All 7 teams need a qb although a couple probably won't admit to it. There could be a lot of qb's taken early.

DEN, CIN and CLE do not need and will not draft a QB high, if at all. BUF is iffy as Fitz looked decent even good at times and they have so many other (bigger) needs.

If the season/draft happen, Luck no way would Luck not have been a Panther. Now who knows...can't see Mallet as #1 overall.

My gut says Jerrah ties to make a splash and bring in Nnamdi Asomugha to fix the secondary, now that Jenkins isnt coming out of FLA there is no way Prince or Peterson fall to Dallas.

I think #9 is too high to take a OL, and with other teams wanting to move up to get a QB, if one is still there. I move down 5-10 spots and get the OL you need. In fact I may hit OL again in round 2 as well. If they stay at #9, Id like to see them draft a pass rusher opposite Ware. Spencer has been avg at best this season.

Its time to fix the real issues on this team, not continue to throw 1st round picks on Wrs. I love Dez, but Roy was a huge mistake.

Dallas needs competition at key spots and men fighting for jobs this offseason. The cupcake training camp, and money dictating who starts needs to be a thing of the past.