[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with Eric Decker

tazinib1

And I'm pretty sure this was the first time in the history of FF that a guy who ranks high enough among WRs to warrant a starting spot laid a goose egg (or at least close to it).

I get your point. He got a majoity of the points in 1 game vs the Lions. The other 5 games, very limited targets. He did the best with what he had to work with by reaching the enzone in 2 of them. My concern with him is the targets. Here is the breakdown while JesuTebow has been QB

Week 5 2 for -4 with 5 targets

Week 7 2 for 21 with 3 targets

Week 8 6 for 72/1 TD with 12 targets

Week 9 3 for 47/1 TD with 5 targets

Week 10 1 for 56/1 TD with 3 targets

Week 11 0 for 0 with 5 targets

IMO I would not drop him. Denver needs to find a way to throw him the ball. But hard to trust at a vital time in the year when Tebow throws his way 5 times. Looking at the remianing schedule, not too many offenses that will light up Denver and make them play from behind (maybe NE in week 15) like they did with the Lions.

And I'm pretty sure this was the first time in the history of FF that a guy who ranks high enough among WRs to warrant a starting spot laid a goose egg (or at least close to it).

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291213017

December 13, 2009. The day I both outscored Randy Moss and got knocked out of the playoffs. 1 catch for 16 yards , -2 pts for a fumble = -0.4 pts.

I struggled with dropping Decker or Crabtree last week when I pulled Nicks off my IR. I went with Decker. I will attempting to reverse that tomorrow night. That or I may grab Santana Moss in case I make the playoffs and he comes back against NWE or NYG.

Decker is SO hit or miss, unless you're in some crazy league where you have to start 4 WR, I can't see how you wouldn't have better options. You're really relying on that one breakaway 50 yard TD at this point.

Edited by BleedingGreen

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291213017

December 13, 2009. The day I both outscored Randy Moss and got knocked out of the playoffs. 1 catch for 16 yards , -2 pts for a fumble = -0.4 pts.

I struggled with dropping Decker or Crabtree last week when I pulled Nicks off my IR. I went with Decker. I will attempting to reverse that tomorrow night. That or I may grab Santana Moss in case I make the playoffs and he comes back against NWE or NYG.

Decker is SO hit or miss, unless you're in some crazy league where you have to start 4 WR, I can't see how you wouldn't have better options. You're really relying on that one breakaway 50 yard TD at this point.

Unless you manage to grab one of the 20 or so players who has outscored Decker over the course of the year, and even over the last month (which you should, by all means, do except that they're all guys who were drafted and kept), you realize that you're willingly leaving points on the table?

You're turning down an average of 10-11 pts per week (that, granted, does include some stinkers) for less points, just so that your floor is higher? And, again, I can sort of see doing this at the upper end of the spectrum where you need to count on a minimum of decent points from your studs. Of course, I'm guessing those who drafted Greg Jennings might have issue with his total from this week.

But, from a marginal starter, which Decker should be, why does that matter so much?

And are we certain that there's 30 WRs out there who are more consistent than he is? He's not money, but in my .5PPR league he's been good for at least decent numbers (better than 8pts) 7 of the 10 weeks he's played this year. Compare that to V Jax, who's failed to score 5 FF pts in that format 4 times and has only broken 10pts 4 times.

Now, I'm not implying for one second that Decker should be as coveted as V Jax and certainly doesn't have the upside. However, if you look at the 10-15 guys who rank just behind Decker, the guys who I'm assuming you guys are saying should be picked up and started in his place, you're going to see either less consistent production less upside, or both from all of them. Even over the last 4 weeks, which should be the most important stretch given the QB change and all.

He has been more consistent than Stevie Johnson who some consider a stud. Left on my bench this week thx to the S/B list.

Unless you manage to grab one of the 20 or so players who has outscored Decker over the course of the year, and even over the last month (which you should, by all means, do except that they're all guys who were drafted and kept), you realize that you're willingly leaving points on the table?

You're turning down an average of 10-11 pts per week (that, granted, does include some stinkers) for less points, just so that your floor is higher? And, again, I can sort of see doing this at the upper end of the spectrum where you need to count on a minimum of decent points from your studs. Of course, I'm guessing those who drafted Greg Jennings might have issue with his total from this week.

But, from a marginal starter, which Decker should be, why does that matter so much?

And are we certain that there's 30 WRs out there who are more consistent than he is? He's not money, but in my .5PPR league he's been good for at least decent numbers (better than 8pts) 7 of the 10 weeks he's played this year. Compare that to V Jax, who's failed to score 5 FF pts in that format 4 times and has only broken 10pts 4 times.

Now, I'm not implying for one second that Decker should be as coveted as V Jax and certainly doesn't have the upside. However, if you look at the 10-15 guys who rank just behind Decker, the guys who I'm assuming you guys are saying should be picked up and started in his place, you're going to see either less consistent production less upside, or both from all of them. Even over the last 4 weeks, which should be the most important stretch given the QB change and all.

And still no love for Decker from J2V. Ranked #15 after week 12 and with the 5th easiest schedule for WRs down the stretch, and you've got him ranked #36 for the rest of the season?

...and he's "going home" to MIN this week... bet you a shiny nickel he has at least 2 TD catches in the game, possibly both in the first half. Coaches love to play on that "going home" angle for a player and try to get them the ball a lot. Vikings might be in about as bad of shape as my Rams, IMHO.