[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Smith - RB -DET

COP31

This may be partly sour grapes on my part for missing him, but I believe he's good, though not nearly as good as he showed last week against a very weak Carolina run D (currently listed 30th). He's averaged about 4.0 yards per carry in past years. Still, he is a good all-purpose back who will get receptions on top of yardage, and he is in a much better offense than he was in at the start of his career, so he should be very serviceable moving forward.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when he had a promising NFL career. I remember drafting him as an RB2 with RB1 upside just a few years ago. He was derailed by injuries more than skills

derailed again

its a sad story when you think about it

Edited by nelsosi

derailed again

its a sad story when you think about it

not surprised he pulled a muscle. you simply cannot go from sitting on your couch one week, to running as hard as possible, without putting tremendous strain on your body. i have had similar injuries throughout the years, mostly caused by not stretching properly after taking time off.

not surprised he pulled a muscle. you simply cannot go from sitting on your couch one week, to running as hard as possible, without putting tremendous strain on your body. i have had similar injuries throughout the years, mostly caused by not stretching properly after taking time off.

I love posts like this. First off, reports said he was not "sitting on the couch." He was actually working out from 7am until 2pm where he would then go home and play with his son. Said he did that day in an day out, worked out....played with his son. That is all he did, over and over. Sounds to me like he was doing everything right including staying in shape. Seems pretty admirable to me.

Secondly, I love the comparison of your injury and his. I'm sure your injury while playing pick-up backyard football games on Thanksgiving weekend with your overweight ex-high school buddies while running a 9.5 second 40 really compares with an NFL starting running back's injury. Hopefully, Kevin Smith is able to get you on the phone so he can understand how to avoid this injury in the future.

And I'm glad to hear that you know so much about his training schedule and workout routine to be confident that he was in good enough shape to not pull muscle. I'm never claimed to be an NFL rb but I played enough competitive sports (semi-pro and college soccer) and have had to sit out for lengths of time while I've recovered from broken legs and other injuries to at least claim that I can see how an injury like this can happen.

And I'm glad to hear that you know so much about his training schedule and workout routine to be confident that he was in good enough shape to not pull muscle. I'm never claimed to be an NFL rb but I played enough competitive sports (semi-pro and college soccer) and have had to sit out for lengths of time while I've recovered from broken legs and other injuries to at least claim that I can see how an injury like this can happen.

High ankle sprain, not a pulled muscle.... no secret stretching routine is going to help that.