[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start players you can watch on TV?

BS Miscreant

I think I've asked this before but it might have been years ago.

How many of you have in the past or will use the fact that you can watch a guy play on TV as a tiebreaker amongst players that you can't decide on?

Clearly you don't go with a lesser player simply because he's on TV but if it's up in the air...

I've done it. Sometimes it's just more fun. Sometimes it's a painful exercise. Especially interesting when I have a player on each team's O so there's always someone on the field that could get me points.

How about this weekend, given the fact that there will be 6 or 7 games you will be able to watch?

In my 20 years of playing fantasy football it's been apparent to me that the players playing on "prime time" normally elevate their game and put up more points. If I'm having trouble deciding who to start at a particular position then I typically will side with the primetime player. Case in point this week. I am starting Kevin Smith over Mendenhall and McGahee even though the latter players are playing against "softer" rush defenses.

In my 20 years of playing fantasy football it's been apparent to me that the players playing on "prime time" normally elevate their game and put up more points. If I'm having trouble deciding who to start at a particular position then I typically will side with the primetime player. Case in point this week. I am starting Kevin Smith over Mendenhall and McGahee even though the latter players are playing against "softer" rush defenses.

This is precisely why I like Kevin Smith again today. I plugged in Maurice Morris on Thanksgiving last year and it paid off.