[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guess Who's Back?

Infinity

1) I'm not going to be proven wrong about him again after I jumped on board with the naysayers after his Oakland days. Not saying he'll certainly be great again if he comes back, but I'm not going to bet against him either.

2) I think he's crazy but not stupid. I have no idea what he did to get himself run out of NE, but I bet he does. And I bet he's smart enough to understand how to play ball long enough to prove whatever it is he wants to prove before he goes sideways again. Now, if he's lost a step or simply can't physically bring it anymore, that's another story that we simply won't know until he goes out there.

3) As for the money. Like everyone else here, I have no idea if he's broke or not, but I'd bet he's not. I've seen him dress for pressers so I'm pretty sure he didn't blow it on fancy suits. He might not be a financial genius, but he does strike me as a cheep bassturd who'd simply run out of crap that he wanted to spend money on and wasn't at all interested in buying the whole club bottles of Cristal. Of course, not that refusing to buy everyone expensive champagne, in and of itself, makes you a cheap bassturd.

4) If I had a strong coach and good clubhouse with enough vets, I'd consider bringing him in with an incentive-laden contract. If I was the Jets, however, I would stay as far away from that noise as I could. That's a powder keg and he'd be just the match to set it off. My Niners almost fit the mold and do need a WR. My issue is that, if they're trying to undo damage done to Smith over the beginning of his career, they might not want a WR who could go rogue the first few times Smith throws it away because he's afraid to throw him a jump ball. However, while they're young, they're not that young. There's a few guys who've been around the block long enough that they could likely keep him in line. Guys who are key players. Willis, Gore, Justin Smith. I'd just be worried about the QB.

Somebody was telling me today that they saw Cris Carter talking about Moss once. He said that of all the players he ever met and worked with, Moss was the quickest to give up and not make an effort. I'm guessing that is what got him tossed out of NE, then cut by MIN, and finally signed by TEN but sitting on the bench.

But I'm sure some team out there will take the risk, because in some cases signing a name like Moss will immediately boost fan interest, and potentially make them some money.

I wouldn't bet against him to succeed, but I'd give him less chance now than I did when NE signed him (he was a lot younger and hadn't been out of football for a whole year).