[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remote Live Draft

Rimmytose

Alright everyone, I am starting a draft soon and would love any input. This is a live draft that I am unfortunately unable to attend so I am drafting from a remote location and have to conference in.

The league is as follows:

12 teams, no ppr, 6 points for all TDs, everything else is standard.

We start: QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF

I am drafting in the 8th position and will be updating the thread as the draft progresses with questions I have.

In the mock drafts I've done recently, Foster has fallen to me at 8 and I reluctantly took him there in one of the mocks. If, he falls to me in the 1st round is he worth the risk at 8?

Well the draft is over and the team is okay. I waited too long to grab a TE and my RB depth leaves a lot to be desired. I just thought there was too much value at WR in 4 and 5 to pass it up. Tell me what you think. Round number in ().

QBs: Stafford(6), Dalton(10)

RBs: Lynch (1), Murray (3), Vereen (7), Bradshaw (8)

WRs: Green (2), Cruz (4), Garcon (5), Jeffery (9), Michael Floyd (11), Kenny Stills (12)

TE: Rudolph (13)

DEF: PIT (14)

K: Bullock (15)

Generally speaking you did not do that bad not being available.

I think you should have taken a QB later, even streamed QBs by picking 2 or 3 sleepers. I have Dalton, STL QB (can't remember his name) and Palmer. I will end up playing the best matchup.

Lynch and Murray are good starters I'm not sure the value of Vereen in non-PPR though

Rudolph is gong to be a bust. Sorry to say. No one performs as well as he did last year in back to back years witha high dependency on TDs. I would have probably gone one or two rounds earlier to get a sleeper like Jared Cook or Jordan Cameron.

WRs are great.

Good luck

Thanks. Rudolph kills me. I had no interest in him for the exact reasons you mentioned, but there wasn't much worth anything after him. I'm going to have to play the waiver wire/free agent pool almost weekly with TEs. I was all set to take Jared Cook, but he was taken 3 picks ahead as someones backup. People really hold on to backup TEs all season?

Vereen was tough to choose. I was set to take D. Richardson from STL in the 6/7 spot, but he was taken a few picks ahead of me also. I'm hopeful the WR depth I have will provide a worth trade opportunity. I can only hope that Bradshaw can keep it together during the BYE weeks and/or Ridley gets hurt and Vereen takes over for some time.

SJax, Gore, and CJ2K were taken after I chose AJ Green in the 2nd. In the 3rd David Wilson, and Reggie Bush went ahead of my pick of Murray.

WRs picked/available in the 3rd were: Roddy White, Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson, and Cobb.

RBs in the 4th: Lacy, Sproles, and McFadden were all picked ahead of me. After that the next few RBs taken were Lamar Miller in the 4th, Montee Ball and Matthews in the 4th and Deangelo Williams, Bernard and D. Richardson in the 6th. I had an opportunity to grab Richardson at the 6th and probably should have. I gambled and thought he would last another round.

Results can be seen at this link. Not sure if you can view it or not, but will post it anyway.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/213624/draftresults

Gotcha.

I'd have gone about the draft a bit differently. Mainly, because it is a non-PPR and you only require 2 WRs, I would not have taken Green in the 2nd round. The lack of PPR and only 2 WRs really drives WR value down and boosts RB value up (as you also need 2 of them, and can flex them).

In this case, I would have gone CJ2K or SJax in the second to lock up that #2 RB spot.

In the 3rd, Murray is a great flex play, but his injury history scares me, plus, with Demaryius Thomas falling, you end up getting a great WR1 a round later. White and Johnson are also solid plays there.

Other than that, not going to argue with the picks though I would have gone a little RB heavier given the league setup/scoring.

I stared at SJax and CJ2K for a bit before taking Green over them. SJax burned me last year as a 2nd rounder and I'm sure he'll burn me again this year since I didn't pick him. CJ2K just seemed too risky to me at the RB2 spot. Great runner, but you never know with that Titans offense anymore. He was hit or miss last year until mid-season. I actually got him off free agents mid season last year and made a late playoff run as a result.

Murray's injury history scares me as well. I may have to swing for a trade early in the season. Going to see how week 1 plays out. The question will really be who to start in the flex. Garcon is probably who I'll start with, pending his injury status. Just have to see how the first week plays out I guess.

Thanks again BC.