[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you use your cheatsheet?

DMD

Cheat Sheet in a Live Draft  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How do you keep track of your cheatsheet/roster in a LIVE draft?

• Print off a cheat sheet and mark off players as they are drafted.
    • Use a excel spreadsheet for my cheatsheet
    • Use a Draft software on a laptop/tablet
  2. 2. How do you keep track of your cheatsheet/roster in an ONLINE draft?

• Print off a cheat sheet and mark off players as they are drafted.
    • Use a excel spreadsheet for my cheatsheet
    • Use a Draft software on a laptop/tablet
    • Just pick from the ADP shown on the online draft

For the past few years I would copy+paste the myHuddle rankings into an excel spreadsheet for each of my leagues, and play around with the formatting so everything for the most part fit on 1 page. Then I would just mark up the spreadsheet with highlights where necessary, and update it pick by pick if the draft is online. If it's a live draft, I simply print out a copy of the spreadsheet and bring it with me.

That said, this is the first year I actually purchased an app (not to be named) for my iPhone and iPad, and am using that for my draft guidance/tracking. Liking it so far, as it's less work and just neater in general, then the spreadsheets I'd been spending time on every year.

Yeah, I knew something was up, you just haven't seemed yourself or as sharp this season. ;)

Edited by irish

Excel spreadsheets, with Conditional Formatting used to fill-color the players who have been picked. Have a list of players, which I use Data Validation to make them available via a nice drop-down list within each cell. As each owner selects a player, I simply select the drafted player from the drop-down list, which colors that player's name in my Huddle ranking list I use as my guide. Helps me very easily see who is being continually passed over and becomes a good value. Also pull in rankings from espn and foxsports as well, but I don't focus on them as much as the Huddle's.

Also, I'll usually have either two laptops going, or two monitors. One showing my Excel list, and the other for drafting.

ETA: one thing I also use is an on-going comparison of players (I use the Top 200 from the Huddle) as each new update is released. In other words, I have a list of players in the top 200 for one week, then the next week. I then use vlookup to find their ranking from last week, compare to this week, and see if any trends emerge for certain players rising or falling. Kind of a little bit of some prepping before the draft, if you will.

Edited by lennykravitz2004

The past 3 years when I've done live drafts, I've prepared excessive spreadsheets with all the stats, my own rankings/notes, and our draft board with the keepers omitted, then crossed off & highlighted players as the drafts go on. Sick of that tedious process, my friend and I created an app to do all of that and make it easier on us to use during the draft and just released it to the public last month. Haven't used it for actual drafts yet but tried it on the iPad for a few mocks - loving it.

If you guys want to check it out it's called 1st&5 Fantasy Football on the Apple and Android app stores, or more info at the link in my sig.