[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knowshon Moreno/Lamar Miller

Flip_Side

Word on the street is that Moreno could possibly take over the starting position in week 1 over Miller. Moreno looks healthy and fast tonight. Lamar has been going a lot earlier than Moreno in every mock draft, think that might change soon

I think this is the biggest thing to take from that performance. Gore should have a good week 1.

Agreed.

Moreno will get his snaps but Miller IMO is a superior runner and reciever. I think it will be his recieving ability that will set him apart from Moreno as the guy to own there.

But, playing devils advocate, that team is about Tannehill and if he starts getting hit Moreno will get more and more snaps.

I actually think Moreno could easily start in Miami. Miller was struggling to hold off Daniel Thomas and Moreno is better in the passing game. If Moreno had a full camp, the job would've been his already.

I actually think Moreno could easily start in Miami. Miller was struggling to hold off Daniel Thomas and Moreno is better in the passing game. If Moreno had a full camp, the job would've been his already.

I personally do not think Moreno is even as good as Thomas. he is not in Denver anymore which IMO is the only place in the league last year that could of made Moreno look good.

But, as I said and you said, Moreno is a superior blocker and the Dolphins look to be a team that is gonna throw the ball alot. IF Moreno is better than I think and can average 3.5 yards a carry there he could get more reps than Miller. but Miller has the breakaway speed they want.

I quit reading after this

Yeah, that was a question mark for me too.

I quit reading after this

Yeah. last year did you take Moreno high? he was on a team that had 3 WR's and a TE get 10 TD catches. you realize how amazing that is? he don't got that anymore. even Trent Richardson could of found a hole in Denver last year.

Yeah, that was a question mark for me too.

I am sure a many thyings I say will be a question mark for alot of people.I don't try and rudely point them out, but that is just me ( not talking about you Irish) I personally do not think Moreno is even a 2nd back and I believe the Dolphins made a mistake signing him. but, I also said this last year so he does even 400 yards and 150 yards recieving in this offense I will consider myself wrong on him.

In this offense, unlike the Broncos he will have to run around the end. he cannot do that. that is what Miller will try and do. not so positive he will do it either if that line is like last years.

For me Moreno's best chance at many snaps is if they plan on throwing 600 times. and they might.

Moreno pretty handily put Ball on the bench last year. Smart money is on him doing the same to Miller.

I agree, Miller's not much to compete against. I remember last season wondering why the hell Miller couldn't seize the job from Thomas and watching games where Thomas actually looked better and thought the Dolphins can't wait to get their hands on a better back and they made a play for Moreno. If Moreno is healthy, I think they play him more than Miller, no question.

I agree, Miller's not much to compete against. I remember last season wondering why the hell Miller couldn't seize the job from Thomas and watching games where Thomas actually looked better and thought the Dolphins can't wait to get their hands on a better back and they made a play for Moreno. If Moreno is healthy, I think they play him more than Miller, no question.

All depends how much they pass. either way Miller will end up leading them in rushing. Moreno is not in Denver anymore.

All depends how much they pass. either way Miller will end up leading them in rushing. Moreno is not in Denver anymore.

Last year a scrub like Thomas pulled 109 carries away from Miller and Miller only had 177. Miller averaged 4.0 ypc to Thomas' 3.72. Miller also only scored 125 fantasy points to Thomas' 98 and Thomas missed a game. Miller is nothing special and I'm not saying Moreno is but I think aside from the speed factor Moreno is the more trusted RB and will be the guy, especially with Miami passing more, if he can prove he's healthy and stay that way. Big IFs.

Edited by irish

Ball still runs there. if Moreno stats were for real they would of never let him leave.

We let Moreno walk because we need cap space and Ball is on a cheap rookie contract. Moreno outplayed Ball all year long.

Just based on how the NFL evaluated their talent coming out of college, Moreno > Ball > Miller. 1st, 2nd, 4th. That's of course not the end of the story, but Miller is not some sort of transcendent talent that just cannot be denied.

Last year a scrub like Thomas pulled 109 carries away from Miller and Miller only had 177. Miller averaged 4.0 ypc to Thomas' 3.72. Miller also only scored 125 fantasy points to Thomas' 98 and Thomas missed a game. Miller is nothing special and I'm not saying Moreno is but I think aside from the speed factor Moreno is the more trusted RB and will be the guy, especially with Miami passing more, if he can prove he's healthy and stay that way. Big IFs.

You are comparing apples to oranges. you put Thomas on Denver last year and he would be overrated this year too. Moreno can run forward, that is it. on his new team running forward gives you 2 yards per carry. you got to be able to make it around the end and Moreno IMO is to slow. as fast as Miller is the defense was killing his line and beating him there. Moreno will have no chance.

What Moreno can do is block and I do agree he takes over Thomas's role this year. we will see what he does with it. I will have no problem admitting I am wrong if I am wrong. but I see no fantasy value in Moreno. as I said before, he made me wrong last year, maybe he will do it again.

We let Moreno walk because we need cap space and Ball is on a cheap rookie contract. Moreno outplayed Ball all year long.

Just based on how the NFL evaluated their talent coming out of college, Moreno > Ball > Miller. 1st, 2nd, 4th. That's of course not the end of the story, but Miller is not some sort of transcendent talent that just cannot be denied.

I am not trying to say Miller is good. I am just saying Moreno is not good.

And , yes, he outblocked Ball all year long but Ball averaged .4 yards per carry more. Moreno's job was just to not hurt the team. and he did not. but now he is on a team that needs production. he won't have 4 recievers with 10 TD's or Peyton Manning as a QB or the wide open space he had last year where he could just pick a hole at the line and fall forward.

But, as I said, I did not expect him to get the job last year either so, who knows.