[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Keeper League Question

Adam12

We are starting a new keeper league this year, 10 team, non PPR. The keeper would be for 2016 season, and lose the round we draft that player in the 2015 draft. I have the number 1 pick, snake draft. Can only keep a player 2 years. So can draft them, then keep 2 years.

So there are couple ideas I have read/ heard:

1) To draft a elite QB Luck and Rodgers and have them injury free pretty much

2) Draft an elite RB like Bell/Lacy, but some risk in injury.

I am thinking of going Bell and have him next 3 years, even though I lose a 1st rounder every year but have the best back in the league for 3 years.

What are people's thought? Will be glad to help in return.

We don't have to keep them. Ideally I would like to keep this player for 3 years, since I can draft anyone 1st overall. I'm leaning Bell. Is it a disadvantage keeping your 1st round player in a keeper where you lose the pick????

We don't have to keep them. Ideally I would like to keep this player for 3 years, since I can draft anyone 1st overall. I'm leaning Bell. Is it a disadvantage keeping your 1st round player in a keeper where you lose the pick????

Well it is obviously a disadvantage to give away a 1st round pick rather than a late round pick...

I'd just go with whoever you feel is gonna be the best player this year. If he's amazing you keep him, if not then there's probably someone else you drafted in later rounds you can keep for a lower price.

• Like 1

Well it is obviously a disadvantage to give away a 1st round pick rather than a late round pick...

I'd just go with whoever you feel is gonna be the best player this year. If he's amazing you keep him, if not then there's probably someone else you drafted in later rounds you can keep for a lower price.

That is what i was thinking too. We like rewarding winning, so every year 1st, 2nd 3rd and so on where they draft next year. So basically i can rent my 1st round player every year to help me win?!

If passing TD are 6 take the QB. I have played in leagues like that & the top 8-10 QB will outscore the #1 RB even in a PPR league. So in your NON PPR league QB would definitely outscore RB. Now if you think you can take Bell & still get a top 4-6 QB based on how you think your league will draft, then take Bell. Remember WR has depth, especially with how pass happy the league is now.

Please take a look at mine. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/439959-dynasty-changes-who-to-cut/

QBs always out score top RBs or WRs...general stat is they will outscore. But RBs are more valuable. I am thinking of trading down to 5-7 and taking a RB there or A Brown if all RBs are gone, then will draft a WR at 20 and another RB at 21

My point is that # 1/2 QB will significantly outscore that #1/2/3 RB. As recommended by The Huddle, using tier rankings for each position & look at the possible drop off if you wait on a position. If the drop off is small, go after another position where the drop off will be larger & then come back to the other position next round. In past years I have been stuck on a certain "battle" plan. Don't be too rigid on what you are going to do. Be ready to jump on the maximum value presented to you & not get in a mindset of I have to take this position at this pick. Though I am not saying that your plan isn't a good one. It does sound like it could work out well. You just don't want to be chasing the QB all season, that can kill a team.

Yes don't plan on a keeper that is a first rounder the point is to get the most value from a player that was drafted much later the first year and moved up the rankings, OBJ is a perfect example.. Look for value picks in mid to late rounds after you've filled out majority of your starting lineup. Getting Melvin Gordon in the 4th could be value for next year, taking him in the 3rd would be risky for this year but could payoff or not. Rookies, 2nd/3rd year WR's, guys with opportunities to start and make an immediate impact or continue where they left off late last year... (C.Hyde, CJ anderson, Jeremy Hill, etc.).