[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hello BIG TEN

theeohiostate

So what does it say about the Big11 that both MI and WI got beat?  Maybe its just that either MI and WI are not that good, or OSU and Iowa are better than we thought.  Seriously, I'm not sure if it means that the conference is better "top to bottom" or that they don't have any elite teams.  Just a handful of good - not great - teams...

Meanwhile, AUB didn't look so great vs. AL - same question - is SEC that strong, or does it mean that AUB is not in the same elite league as OU and USC?  We won't know until the bowls again which conference plays better overall vs. good competition.  Again, not being coy/sarcastic with this question, just genuinely asking for opinions.  No name calling please...

570015[/snapback]

It tells me that the Big 10 is full of parity this year, with the exception of the bottom few. Ohio St. obviously is not the same team that played in the beginning of the season, and it took them a while to figure out how to re-gain some offense. Wisconsin was getting by on defense alone, Michigan proved to be vulnerable on the road, and Iowa lost 4 different RB's and they got penalized for losing in Michigan at the start of the conference schedule. People may say the conference is bad, go ahead, I say it's full of parity.

Same thing with the SEC...I've never seen so many teams that can look so different from week to week.

So, I find it hard to actually rate an entire conference. I like to rate the top two teams within each conference. I think the best conferences, based on having the best 2 teams are the Big 12 and the Pac 10. Those are the best two conferences this year IMO.

#1: BIG12: OU/UT

#2: PAC10: USC/CAL

#3: SEC--Auburn/Georgia

#4: ACC--Miami,FL/FSU

#5: Big Ten-- Iowa/Michigan

#1: BIG12: OU/UT

#2: PAC10: USC/CAL

#3: SEC--Auburn/Georgia

#4: ACC--Miami,FL/FSU

#5: Big Ten-- Iowa/Michigan

570050[/snapback]

So Iowa and UM are better than WI and OSU, even tho OSU just beat UM? Confusing...

So Iowa and UM are better than WI and OSU, even tho OSU just beat UM?  Confusing...

570286[/snapback]

Coffee.....even with the nice win over UM, and playing the best game we've had all year at the end can't make up for the fact we are 4-4 in the conference this year. No way could you consider OSU in the top 2 of the conference IF there was a playoff.

I love my Bucks.....but let's get real here. That game is played with far more emotion than talent every year. Home field is important....and you can pretty much throw out the records to that point. What the win DID do for us was to see that we have some fine young players that, used in the right combination, can put a good game together. Not being able to punch it in from the 1 yd line 7 times is STILL disturbing and in a closer game, could have been the difference. Not a horrible decision on 4th and 1 with the score tied before the half.....showed some confidence in our team.....but it could have been a backbreaker. Why we insisted on using Lydell Ross and Maurice Hall most of the year (because they were seniors) is beyond me......THE worst RBs we've ever fielded in my opinion. They should have been blockers.....they like to dive at defensive players a lot.....LOL. (As opposed to finding holes to run through).

Edited to add: I won't even get into the uncreative play-calling most of the year. Gotta work with what you have....not force square pegs into round holes.

Anyway.....I think the BCS is a mess this year. 3 legitimate contenders and Utah with their perfect record as well. A lot of people are NOT going to be happy come Jan 1st. Unless USC just runs the table with authority, including the bowl game.....the outcome will be debated for another entire year.

Edited by SteelBunz

Coffee.....even with the nice win over UM, and playing the best game we've had all year at the end can't make up for the fact we are 4-4 in the conference this year.  No way could you consider OSU in the top 2 of the conference IF there was a playoff.

Unless USC just runs the table with authority, including the bowl game.....the outcome will be debated for another entire year.

571542[/snapback]

Agreed, SB. I wasn't really confused, I just wanted him to explain the logic of taking UM over OSU and WI a bit. I do think your Big10 champ is gonna get beat in the Rose, whether by Cal, Utah, or whoever.

And I like your phrase there: "...USC just runs the table with authority, including the bowl game" - especially when I ignore the 'unless' part! Here's to that coming true....