[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i believe pittman might be a great value pick

crispirons

missing my point i think fatman.  cadillac will get the rock often and be given a chance to shine.  i'm merely pointing out that last yr, pittman was used often as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th wr coming out of the backfield or lining up in the slot.  they drafted 3 wr's this yr in the 5th thru 7th rounds.  they don't have a solid number 2 behind clayton, let alone a good 3rd or 4th.  one to watch for could be the juco kid they drafted...larry brackins.  i've been wrong numerous times before, just a hunch pittman could be a great value pick late in drafts.

826265[/snapback]

I think I understood it - Pittman may have some sleeper value in leagues that emphasize RB receptions because the WR corps is lacking. I guess I'm of the camp that thinks Gruden will use him less now that he has Caddy, especially because of the fumbling. Hilliard may be done, but Gruden loves his vets and I can't see Pittman doing enough to warrant any better sleeper value than what he'll have as Williams' backup. Don't they really like Galloway, as well?

You know more about the Bucs than I do, however, so we'll just have to see. Good info, though.

• 4 weeks later...

corroborating what i had stated ealier, this from an article the other day:

DUAL THREAT: Running back Michael Pittman caught 41 passes last season, his lowest total since 1999, but said the presence of rookie Carnell "Cadillac" Williams should allow him to be more of a pass-catching threat, shifting out of the backfield.

"They're letting me play a little bit more wide receiver," said Pittman, who caught 134 passes in his first two seasons with the Bucs. "They've added more receiving routes for me to add to my arsenal. I asked the coach if I could do that last year, and they're finally letting me do it. ... Me and Cadillac are working together to get better, having a lot of fun."

and, dmd was correct about garner. he did not get cut and just got a 1 yr deal:

Running back Charlie Garner, recovering from season-ending knee surgery, agreed to take the minimum salary for a chance to continue his career in Tampa Bay. Garner missed the entire offseason workout program but is on schedule to participate in training camp. "We're not discounting Charlie Garner coming back and playing, either," Gruden said. "Here's a very good player, when healthy. If he's ready to go, he'll be in the mix."

and finally, larry brackins hasn't seen much playing time. not that it matters much right now:

WR Larry Brackins didn't start playing college football until 2003, and it wasn't until 2004 that the Bucs rookie gave up basketball and began devoting his time to the gridiron. It's safe to say then, that what the wide receiver needs more than anything right now is time on the field. Because of a hamstring injury, however, Brackins isn't getting it. Brackins sat out the last few voluntary workouts at One Buc Place last week, and he's been forced to skip all the on-field work during this week's minicamp as well.

I think Caddy will perform well in Tampa, but Gruden will be ready to insert Garner or Pittman at any time. They may spell Caddy often, due to the fact he never carried a full load in College.

825951[/snapback]

Another RBBC!! D@MN IT!!!! :D

I still wonder if Garner will be ready. Sure, if he's healthy I can see him sticking at the vet minimum. With the shape the WR corp is in, if they start using Pittman as a WR a lot, I can see him as a bye week guy in PPR leagues.