[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucks/Hawks

GWPFFL BrianW

Iowa didn't look too good at all. Celebration of Ohio State's performance has to be tempered by the realization abt how bad the Hawks are. But 332-13 at half-time is unbelievable, against any team. -9 yds total rushing against a good rushing team is outstanding. 130 odd yards passing with 6-7 sacks and countless hurries has to be commended.

I don't give that much credence to our offensive performance due to the inexperienced and undersized Hawks' D-line, but the D is living up to the hype.

I don't see any Oklahoma fans posting in this thread.  Are you telling us you are a closet Sooner fan.  That would explain alot about your built up frustration.  Or are you trying to tell us something else, minute man.  :D

1017992[/snapback]

When you claim Oklahoma handed USC the title game last year, you're either certifiably insane or an Oklahoma fan. So if you're not an Oklahoma fan, by process of elimination, I guess you're certifiably :D

:D

You have chosen to ignore Clark Griswold. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Clark Griswold

I'm assuming by your immediant comment you have something you'd consider witty to say in defense of your conference bashing, but like 99.99999999% of the people the visit this forum , your verbage is as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.

When you claim Oklahoma handed USC the title game last year, you're either certifiably insane or an Oklahoma fan. So if you're not an Oklahoma fan, by process of elimination, I guess you're certifiably  :D

:D

1018001[/snapback]

Glabra, PLEASEEEEE do not quote this moran :D

I find it funny that a certain someone appears on this site after a certain few others have disappeared in their place. :D

He must be a graduate of a community college that finds the need to bash all the BIGTIME schools.

Glabra, PLEASEEEEE do not quote this moran  :D

I find it funny that a certain someone appears on this site after a certain few others have disappeared in their place.  :D

He must be a graduate of a community college that finds the need to bash all the BIGTIME schools.

1018021[/snapback]

Like I've posted earlier somewhere else, this guy=Sgt Ryan. Same outlandish claims. Same hyperbole, lack of objectivity/logic.

The posting patterns are too similar to be a coincidence. :D

And, your point is taken.

Like I've posted earlier somewhere else, this guy=Sgt Ryan. Same outlandish claims. Same hyperbole, lack of objectivity/logic.

1018031[/snapback]

This is really confusing as "a s sdart" has stated the ACC and SEC are the strongest confernces, yet thinks Texas will be beat by the " un " strong and mighty Big 12 schedule?????

1018031[/snapback]

Looks like this is Ohio St country. I mean you lose to Texas, and claim them to be the best team on the planet, and if anyone else has anything remotely objective to say about today, you run the lip about them as well. I find it kinda funny if you don't follow the group you must be someone else who didnt follow the group. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a brain, and eyes and I saw Texas walk in there and take it to OSU, then give them 3 gimmie turnovers which kept the game close, but when push came to shove, Texas went straight down the field and scored again to win the game. This was in fact in your building where you guys have claimed repeatedly its impossible to win there. Because Texas did, doesnt make it impossible, or them the best team. I do hope Texas goes undefeated this yr and gets to play USC. USC pounds them by 40, and Ohio St can then say, we should have been there. :D

Looks like this is Ohio St country.  I mean you lose to Texas, and claim them to be the best team on the planet, and if anyone else has anything remotely objective to say about today, you run the lip about them as well.  I find it kinda funny if you don't follow the group you must be someone else who didnt follow the group. 

1018089[/snapback]

First off, the topic of this thread was Bucks/Hawks. You come in here and try to hijack the thread with a side-discussion that has nothing to do with the topic on hand, except denigrating one of the teams involved. Looks like a case of pettiness and envy.

I see many posts here from fans of a variety of teams. They're interested in speculating how their team might do, or exchanging good-natured smack. You, however, come in with a condescending attitude, and never have anything positive to add to any discussion. Why do I never see you starting a thread about how YOUR team might do?(the identity of which is still a mystery) :D

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a brain, and eyes

1018089[/snapback]

Highly debatable. :D

I saw Texas walk in there and take it to OSU, then give them 3 gimmie turnovers which kept the game close, but when push came to shove, Texas went straight down the field and scored again to win the game.  This was in fact in your building where you guys have claimed repeatedly its impossible to win there.  Because Texas did, doesnt make it impossible, or them the best team.  I do hope Texas goes undefeated this yr and gets to play USC. USC pounds them by 40, and Ohio St can then say, we should have been there.  :D

Same ole' mix of hyperbole, half-truths and flat out lies.

Alright for the last time, class starts, so listen up:

- the turonovers were not gimmes; they were forced by a swarming, aggressive defense and the effect of a hostile crowd.

- winning by 3, including a safety at the end, is not 'taking it' to a team.

- No Bucks' follower here has claimed that it's impossible to win at our building. We felt it was a very difficult place to play, esp. at night, and the venue gave us an edge. That still was true as the Texas OL got 3 motion penalties at crucial stages due to crowd noise. Our defense fed off the energy and played better due to it.

- No Bucks follower claimed before the game we're the best team on the planet. If anything, some of us had legitimate concerns we could lose this game.

- Oklahoma still sucks.

I don't claim to be the best team in the nation, but the offense improvement is fine to compliment by OSU fans...I would think it's okay to be happy after a solid win. You sure make it sound like OSU got blown out by Texas!!!!! I was at the game and I can say it was a great game won in the last moments by a great player against a great defense. The offense well that remains to be seen if this was a picture of things to come or was it a very frustrated and underated Iowa squad. Texas is the better team because they beat us...but because we are happy about winning a solid game we are non educated college football fans???? We are OSU fans we are suppose to be homers!!!!! Solid win..I'll take it and get ready for Penn State in 2 weeks. Go Bucks...Purdue loss helps too bad the Wolves could not seal the deal on Wisconsin.

Edited by sacosud

Congratulations to Ohio State. Flat out, a butt whoopin. Iowa didn't deserve to share the same field today. Illinois next week... maybe a confidence builder? We shall have to see.

Sorry Clark... if you dont think Ohio State is legit good, then what does that make Texas? Texas barely beat a sorry Ohio State team? Or an overrated one? Texas can only beat overrated teams? Your logic makes no sense at all. Say what you want... Ohio State looked darn impressive today.

My point was OSU fans think now Texas is the team to beat, becasue they beat them. I suppose you guys just missed that fact.

Second, I think OSU is good, but come on, they didnt prove much today, by beating Iowa who has lost to Iowa St already, and will lose several more games this season. Iowa is teh Big 12 version of Oklahoma this yr. Over-rated and doesnt deserve to be ranked in the top 25.

I do think OSU wins the Big 10, and Texas wins the Big 12, but these 2 teams have already played. Even if Texas loses, does anyone think OSU will leapfrog them to get a chance at USC. So in the grand scheme of things, OSU had Texas in their backyard for a shot at the NC, and lost. Those are all the facts I need to know. Why so many continue to talk about OSU is beyond me.

And for the record, Texas scored another TD, and everyone in America knows it. Why they were not given credit for it, still baffles me. But then again, they were in your building and the replay comes from the booth, so go figure. Vince also threw a ball up for grabs instead of taking a sack, and the RB fumbled the ball on a QB handoff, hardly a forced fumble. Those were huge mistakes, not something OSU did that caused the game to be close. It was close because of those mistakes, and when push came to shove, who won the game.

Edited by Clark Griswold

Whatever.... again OSU fans are going to talk about OSU and 1 loss does not mean it's over right now the way I see it we shoot for a outright Big Ten Championship and wherever the chips fall they fall..THERE IS NO A BIGGER FAN OF OKALAHOMA, TEXAS TECH,MIZZO AND WHOEVER PLAYS TEXAS IN THE BIG 12 THAN OSU FANs. It's math texas needs to lose at least 2 for OSU to have a shot. :D

My point was OSU fans think now Texas is the team to beat, becasue they beat them.  I suppose you guys just missed that fact.

1019148[/snapback]

:D If we think Texas is the team to beat because they beat us, how did we miss that fact huh? What is the logic here, if any?

Second, I think OSU is good, but come on, they didnt prove much today, by beating Iowa who has lost to Iowa St already, and will lose several more games this season.  Iowa is teh Big 12 version of Oklahoma this yr. Over-rated and doesnt deserve to be ranked in the top 25.

Like I posted earlier in this thread, the OSU offensive performance against a green D-line needs to be kept in perspective; but the defensive performance was overwhelming, no matter who the opponent was. -9 yds rushing, 67 yds total through 3 qtrs and 137 overall, 5 sacks, 6 points.

I do think OSU wins the Big 10, and Texas wins the Big 12, but these 2 teams have already played.  Even if Texas loses, does anyone think OSU will leapfrog them to get a chance at USC.  So in the grand scheme of things, OSU had Texas in their backyard for a shot at the NC, and lost.  Those are all the facts I need to know.   Why so many continue to talk about OSU is beyond me.

1019148[/snapback]

Yes, it can happen. It's the freakin' 3rd week of the season. You're counting a top contender out due to a week 2 loss? As if a one-loss team has never crawled back into the chase? It's all about the teams' relative positions in the polls week by week, the computer rankings etc. Head-to-head results are not the only criterion in determining the rankings. Whether they should be or not is a different discussion. If you have a problem with us talking about OSU, stay the hell out :D Don't butt in into an Iowa-OSU thread and start crap about how we're overrated.

And for the record, Texas scored another TD, and everyone in America knows it.  Why they were not given credit for it, still baffles me.  But then again, they were in your building and the replay comes from the booth, so go figure.   Vince also threw a ball up for grabs instead of taking a sack, and the RB fumbled the ball on a QB handoff, hardly a forced fumble.  Those were huge mistakes, not something OSU did that caused the game to be close.  It was close because of those mistakes, and when push came to shove, who won the game.

1019148[/snapback]

There was no clear shot that showed Melton had possession as he crossed the goal-line. The shots I've seen show the ball breaking the plane, but whether he had possession at the time was not established. Also, that drive for Texas started at like our 10-yd line at the very end of the game when the outcome of the game was almost sewn up as Zwick fumbled with 1:30ish to go.

On the Texas turnovers, yeah that mass of scarlet humanity in Young's grill had nothing to do with him throwing that ball up for grabs. :D After the 1st 2 drives, the defense took Young out of his game, completely took away his strength in running the ball, making him force the issue. A football game is a complex amalgam of multiple dynamics working together. You continue to choose to see things that you want to see in isolation.

You continue to naively argue that Texas' missed chances was why the game was close. Ohio State missed a boat-load of chances and shot themselves in the foot as well. A sure TD dropped by the TE, a missed FG, a batted ball caught by the RB instead of batting it down that put us outta FG range, unsportsman-like penalty that gave Texas a chance at a FG with little time left in the 1st half, the near safety in the end zone which we missed etc. etc.

The overall result was what it was. No complaints. But to say the game was close because of Texas' mistakes alone is ignorant and a case of pen!s envy. Then again, we've come to expect nothing better from you. :D

And by the way, I'm still waiting to hear what your team is. Yeah, I thought so.

Edited by Glabra

And by the way, I'm still waiting to hear what your team is. Yeah, I thought so.

1019515[/snapback]

Oh I get it, your saying if my team isnt USC or OSU, I must have a smaller thingie. Lets just say your fat ass never played college football or could fathom what it takes to play at this level. You also have rose colored blinders on in regards to OSU. As do a few OSU fans at this forum.

I didnt know this thread was a OSU gang bang, and anyone who had any opinion that didnt follow suit would be criticized. That being the case, I still say OSU isnt a top contender and will lose again this yr. :D

Clark... people said the same thing about my hawkeyes last year when they got killed at Arizona State (who struggled the rest of the year) and at Michigan. All we did after that was win the rest of our games and win our 2nd Conference title in 3 years.

I'm not saying that will happen this year... My hawkeyes have problems... but to say we're in Oklahomas class this year is a bit of a stretch. Like last year... we have some young, but talented guys who are making mistakes and still trying to find themselves. We lost our entire Defensive line, and all of our line this year is sophomores and freshies, or converted o linemen (Follett). Sorry if I'm not ready to just hit the panic button and give up just yet, being that our coach has one of the best track records in the country when it comes to finishing seasons.

As for Ohio State... they are very good. They did get beat by Texas. Congrats to Texas. Celebrate it, and move on. That game happened in Week 2, I might add. Long season to go. What would you say if they faced off again in say, the Fiesta Bowl, and Ohio State won? Not saying it would happen, but would that make Texas overrated too? What if USC loses to Notre Dame and Cal, and takes themselves out of the title picture, and its Texas vs Ohio State for all the marbles in the Rose Bowl? Would they be overrated then? My point is... its early in the season. The conference games just have begun. Don't go Sarge on us and start making bold predictions, and then when it really matters, get made fool of.

Oh I get it, your saying if my team isnt USC or OSU, I must have a smaller thingie. 

1020373[/snapback]

ROFL at the inference. Logical reasoning is clearly not your strong suit. I won't even try and explain it again. You're not smart enough to get it.

Lets just say your fat ass never played college football or could fathom what it takes to play at this level.

1020373[/snapback]

I guess that disqualifies about 99% of us from posting on this board because we didn't play college ball. Thanks also for the revelation that Clark Griswold=Brian Bosworth. That explains your lack of grey matter. :D

You also have rose colored blinders on in regards to OSU.  As do a few OSU fans at this forum.

1020373[/snapback]

No comment really needed for anyone who regularly reads our takes. :D

I didnt know this thread was a OSU gang bang, and anyone who had any opinion that didnt follow suit would be criticized.  That being the case, I still say OSU isnt a top contender and will lose again this yr.   :D

1020373[/snapback]

Yup, nice rational response after getting blown up, not being able to stay in the debate and not addressing any pertinent points being raised. Cry like a little girlie about how every one is ganging up on poor ole' you. :D Take your ball and go home now..

Edited by Glabra

I started an ended the arguement, all you did was blah blah blah in between.

And you must be a fool, if you think I'm going anywhere. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I just arrived and now Im crashing the gangbang party. Now im motivated to kick this team and its fans in the nuts every step of the way. :D

OH yeah, You can bow down before the 1% of this site then, fat ass. :D

Edited by Clark Griswold

I started an ended the arguement, all you did was blah blah blah in between.

And you must be a fool, if you think I'm going anywhere.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I just arrived and now Im crashing the gangbang party.  Now im motivated to kick this team and its fans in the nuts every step of the way.  :D 

OH yeah, You can bow down before the 1% of this site then, fat ass.  :D

1021591[/snapback]

Game, set and match to me.. Easy pickings humiliating this clown. :D

Time to strap it up Buck fans. What happened two weeks ago, was just that, two weeks ago. You guys can still win the national championship... but ya got to beat Iowa first. HUGE Big Ten game.

1003550[/snapback]

Are you serious? No way, Bucks are going to the NC game. Texas is going to go undefeated and that one loss the Bucks had against the Longhorns is going to hurt them. The final game is going to be Texas vs USC. Unless Texas losess, which in that case VT will end up playing USC due to the fact VT would be the other undefeated team.